Chapter 14

Bacchus' P.O.V.

Fiddling with my fingers, I exhale deeply. Rubbing my back a bit, I pick up my shirt. Dried blood and a horrid scab covers my stomach, shielding my incredibly arousing six pack. A small smile curling up on my face, I drop the fabric back down, looking to a sleeping Pearl. She seems awfully pissed off lately, and I don't know why. I asked a couple of times but she's been giving me the cold shoulder. After the first time I kinda stopped, since it's not like she's going to tell me. Ever since the fight ended, she's kept to herself. She should be thanking me for saving her, not ignoring me. 

Ugh. Girls are so confusing. Why do I even try.

Oh, that's right.

I don't.

That must be why.

Dipping my hand in the lake, I take a sip, trying to be civil and not lapping it up like a dog. However, soon enough I get to that point of thirst and just gulp as I please. Looking to see Kyle sleeping, I laugh maniacally as I jump up and run to the tree that Pearl and I slept beside yesterday. When we were still legitimately together. Now she alone sleeps beside it, and I walk around her, not wanting to wake the beast. Reaching up, I rip a few leaves off of the bottommost branches of the tree. The branches bend a bit, but luckily they don't break.

Putting them together in the form of a small bowl, I go back to the lake, filling it with water. Kneeling down beside Kyle's dirt-covered face, I quickly use one hand to part his lips, feeling a bit strange as I feel the wet inside of his lip.

"Wakey, wakey," I say with a grin as I tilt the leaf bowl, the water pouring down into the sleeping boy's mouth. He coughs and sputters, awakening almost immediately, a few swear words barely censored by the water caught in his throat. Dropping the leaves, I jump up as he coughs out the rest, openly swearing as he jumps up, beginning to chase me. It feels as if we're young children, playing tag. Only if.

"KEEP IT DOWN, I NEED SLEEP," an angry, tired voice erupts. I turn to see Jennifer with her eyes closed, arms crossed, face in a frown. Ignoring her, I continued to run from Kyle, eventually letting him tackle me to the ground. We wrestled around for a moment before I finally was able to get up.

"Okay, idiots, you can stop playing around," Pearl grits, not even bothering to look in our direction. I look over and she's facing the exact opposite way, attempting to fix her tangled hair or something.

"Well, good morning to you too, sunshine," I say, a bit of bitterness obvious in my voice as I wipe off the dirt from my arms. Looking at my clothing, it's quite covered in blood and dirt. Pearl ignores my comment and I sigh.

"Alright guys," Jennifer says, also having woken up, "What's the plan?"

"We're going to stay here and starve," Pearl remarks, as if she had the comment planned.

"I think she's having her time of the month," Kyle mutters to me, and I chuckle, crossing my eyes.

"What was that?" Pearl turns, her red eyes almost demonic as she wears a sadistic grin, pulling out a knife and walking towards us.

"Nothing! It was nothing," Kyle says, putting his hands in the air as one would do by order of cop. I do as well, backing away, before tripping back, forgetting my proximity to the lake. Falling, I grasp for an imaginary arm as I hit the water with a loud splash, feeling water come up and overtake me.

"Serves you right," Pearl snickers, twirling the knife before putting it back in her belt. Kyle also lets out a laugh as he turns around, offering a hand. Reluctantly do I take it, then pulling him in. He falls over, quickly rebalancing his weight so he ends up falling on top of me. Feeling all breath come out of me am I taken under the surface of the water once again, gasping for air as I come back up. Shoving him off of me, I get up, shaking my wet hair. Then do I realize that it has gotten quite long. Running my fingers through it once, I jump out of the lake, impeded by the water.