Chapter 2

"Wait, wait, what?" is all I can ask in shock. The reality of the situation still had not struck me yet. People? Intruders? This couldn't be true. Hoping my imagination had gotten the best of me, I turn back and look through the blinds of the window. Surely enough, the number of people there was countless. They all stood almost exactly the same, the majority wielding guns of some sort. They were not raised. There were too many people for this to be some sort of prank, but if they meant harm, wouldn't they have attacked us by now? 

"We have visitors. Duhh," Maggie says, not fully grasping the situation. The young girl, still beside Verena, giggled as the redhead whispered something into her ear. "Beat you to the door!" The two instantly began their race towards the front of the mansion. Verena, who took the lead, fell, caught by Delilah's foot. Laughing, Wynter high-fived the other blonde, traveling back over to her friend. "This is no time for any of you to act like idiots. This could be real trouble."

"Yet again, Wyn'er bein' a loser," Maggie complains, chuckling a bit at the fallen Verena as she helps her up.

"Yeah! And what do you know, we could have been getting a package," Verena says as she lets go of Maggie's hand, having gotten up. Wynter rolls her eyes at this. "Plus, how do you know they're bad?"

"Probably because they have guns. And there's a lot of them. It's not that hard to figure out if you have a half-decent IQ," Delilah says, moving a bit as Wynter sits down beside her. "Welp, what are we gonna do Timothy?" 

I take a bit of time to run through my thoughts, several different plans simultaneously whizzing through my mind. Just as I do, a large thump sounds as something hits the wall where the window is situated, another soon following that begins to crack the window.  "RUUUUUUUNNN!" Snorlypuff yells aloud, everyone beginning to get up.

"You're not Timothy," Delilah says, rising anyway and beginning to pick up a slight jog before stumbling over Maggie's outstretched. "Karma's a bitch," Wynter says with a smirk, helping her up, Maggie whining to Timothy over the swear. 

"No, not out of order, and stop playing around," I say as more thuds hit different parts of the wall, my heart picking up in pace. "Everyone, go to the training room and lock the doors. I'll be back soon," I say. They all nod, getting up and running off in the same direction, and I watch momentarily as they trip over each other. I would have laughed if it weren't for the seriousness of the situation.  

Charlotte holds back for a moment, turning. "Timothy, I'll help you," she says, beginning to walk back. 

"No, I got this. Just go and make sure that they all get there safely," I say to her, looking at her straight into the eyes. Reluctantly, she turns and goes, and I turn back. As footsteps of seven Gamemakers race throughout the maze of hallways, I take it upon myself to notify Bacchus and Pearl of the event taking place. I run through the kitchen and grab a steak knife for possible defense, tripping mindlessly over one of the wooden chairs, the one Delilah was sitting in.

"Crap," I mutter as I fall face-flat on the tiled floor, picking myself up and turning. We really aren't that great with evacuation.

I sprint through the hallway, turning to see the steps. The giant staircase spirals upwards, and only now do I regret their unnecessary height. I can hear banging on the doors and windows along with yelling, and I know that I need to be as quick as possible. If anyone here dies, it is my fault. I don't want to be responsible for any more deaths than necessary. I dash up the carpeted spiral staircase, taking them two or three at a time, occasionally tripping over my feet.

Looking through one of the other large hallways, I grumble, forgetting which room belongs to Bacchus. Never having the need to know which room begins to each Gamemaker, I don't know where most of their rooms are located.