Chapter 7

Jennifer's P.O.V.

Dark space. I am in a dark space.

Immediately upon opening my eyes do I realize this, as my eyes see just as much as they did two seconds before I opened them.

How lovely.

I feel around awkwardly, feeling some sort of wooly fabric restraining me. It feels like I'm enclosed in a heated sleeping bag. The air begins to feel as if I'm deprived of oxygen, suffocating me. Yet I do not stop breathing. This is torture.

I push around, kicking. The fabric stretches with my foot a few inches, before not allowing the foot to further. I continue to do this, hoping that maybe I can stretch it to the point of ripping. I try this for a minute or so before giving up on that plan.

Ripping. What a great idea. Why couldn't I have thought of that sooner?  I reach to the side, grabbing some of the fabric in my hands, creating an even more uncomfortable atmosphere. I take one hand on either side of the fabric, which feels more like wet cardboard, pulling each hand in a different direction, pleading that it will rip. But of course, it doesn't.

Where am I? That would be the next best thing in finding out. I place my hands on the ground, attempting to push myself up. My hands meet the firm ground. Not cement, not dirt...I can't place my finger on the texture of the ground, but I've been wherever we are before.

Maybe if I could find a wall. Or something, anything really could help. Like getting out of this stupid bag, for instance. I wait for a few more moments, hoping that my eyes will become accustomed to the dark. That fails, too.

I roll to the side, the fabric cooperating rather well compared to how I thought it would. Fortunately I'm not on a hilly surface, so I don't roll downwards. I merely roll across the ground before bumping into a wall.

"Ow!" I let out a small yelp, but my voice is consumed by the loud of hum of a motor. Hm, I just noticed that. I push myself off the wall, rolling almost in the same way I came from. There's a very slight, almost unnoticeable incline, before whatever I am lurches forward, sending everything backwards, including me. I slam yet against the stupid wall, before feeling another thing slam into me.

Whatever it is is heavy. Like a whale or something. Must be Bacchus. Maybe it's Pearl. Well, all of the Gamemakers are unnaturally heavy. Except me of course.

"Ow! Who is this?!" I hear the voice of Bacchus as he slams against me, feeling around with his hands, his hand slides against my thigh, and half of me is unsure of whether or not he did that purposely.

"It's me, Jennifer, you imbecile," I shout over the sound of the motor, angrily kicking out my leg as he jerks his arm back, apparently hitting somewhere tender as I hear him let out another yelp.

"Yeah, I'm the imbecile. Nice to know you're still here, Jen," he says, apparently comfortable with the fact that we're directly next to each other.

""I'm the one who saved you, you idiot," I say, attempting to push him away. He doesn't budge. If anything, he resists my push, apparently leaning all his weight towards me. Awkward.

"Yes, if you saved us, then why are we stuck on a hovercraft?" he questions back, his voice a bit quieter compared to his yelling, the motor having died down. "Do you even know what happened?" he asked. I rub my head, feeling a bruise forming where it hit the wall. I shake my head, responding that I don't. Then I remember he can't see me, and I can't see him, so I ask with sarcasm.

"What happened? I'm really interested," I say sardonically, though at heart I'm actually halfway interested. But only halfway.

"Firstly, you were surprisingly able to knock out one of the men. Ya know, until two more grabbed you, and another two grabbed Pearl," he says, and I know he cut some of the story off. That's Bacchus. Only telling you the information you need to know.