Sonny and Maya

Maya sat on the fence in her little red reds looking up at the full moon sitting in the night sky. the orb glowed brightly iluminating everything in the nightmare land. Maya kicked her legs out like she was on a swing making her dress whip out with her legs. her dress was red with black ribbons and ivory white skulls sewed into the hips where flowing white fabrics hung.

The little girl's hair was shimering gold in the night light with her green eyes soft white face and perky rosey lips. she hummed a tune in her head and watc hed as a black cat padded its way down the fence and past her.down to the gothic house surrounded by trees of all kinds.

the ground was littered with golden red leaves freshly fallen from the treesgrowing around the path. it was valentine's day and she was waiting for Sonny, her crush to come running down the path to take her to the undead dance. She was so eagar she had been sitting out on the fence a whole hour before Sonny was supposed to show up, but she found starring at the moon a fun past time.

She wondered about this crush of hers, Sonny, who she had had a thing for for over three years and had finally mustered up the courage to ask him to a dance and to her surprise, he looked at her with a wide eyed expression and said, "ok." Needless to say, she was very excited.

As she remeniced about that experience, she remembered always being the cute and innocent girl, never actually beening taken seriously around other people. She was one of the smallest girls in the whole undead school so she never really had much to compete with when it came to finding someone who thought she was adorable, but the worst luck with finding a substamcial significant other.

She had seen Sonny and for the longest time wanted him to notice her or talk to her, but he never seemed to notice her no matter what she did. She sent him notes and drew him pictures but nothing seemed to work, he always seemed preoccupied. Inside it hurt her but she was too persistant and stubborn to let him go that easily.

She heard something over near the dull brick building down the street q little ways. she looked through the arch but nothing emerged so she shrugged and looked back up to the moon resuming her gaze. behind the building arch stood a boy with dark hair and dark eyes sunjen into his skull. He wore a black hoodie with a red buttondown drawn by a black tie, tucked into worn jeans.

He panted and pressed himself against the wall hoping that Maya hadn't heard him trip over the bump in the sidewalk. He was so nervous, apparent from the beads of sweat rolling down his face even though the breeze was frigid. he turned his head aroound the corner and saw her on the fence and smiled quickly hiding himself again. he looked down at the mass he held in his hands and sighed.

In the boys hands sat the still throbbing bloody mass of his heart. his hands were coated with blood but he kept the heart in the center and turned the corner walking up to Maya. Sonny shyly aproached her raising the heart to her meekly.

"Happy Valentie's Day, Maya," Sonny muttered