35. (Paranoid AF!)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Coming where?" Jack asked.

"I was supposed to have dinner... with Madison Beer tonight" I said staring at him.

"Oh... may I ask why?" I just shrugged my shoulders and we walked to the front door. "You sure you want to go?" I laughed but I was so serious. It wasn't bad having a male around.

"Melanie" he says and I turn to look at him. "Nothing is going to happen to you, okay?" he says. I bite my lip.

"Thank you for today. Like seriously, for everything" and he smiles at me.

"Of course" he says. I smile at him and go in for a hug and pressed up against him. I just wanted to pretend it was Cameron for a minute because that's who I needed right now. Gilinsky wraps his arms around and hugs me back.

"If you need anything please let me know" he says and I look at him and smiled. Gilinsky opens the door and steps out in the hall. "Lock the door" he says and I laugh. Gilinsky walks away and I close the door and forsure locked it. I walk back in the living room.

"So... Madison Beer's people are pissed off you blew her off. Headlines are being put out already. Stuff like you stud her up to go be with Gilinsky" Jasmine reads from her phone.

"Or how about Gilinsky and you left together, you know the norm" Nessa jokes while staring at her phone. I laugh and shake my head.

"It's whatever. I don't even care" I said going into the kitchen and grabbing a water out the fridge. "I'm just going to go lay down for a little" I said walking towards the back to my room. I close the door and went to get in bed. I wasn't tired, but I did want to be alone. Not alone in my apartment, alone just to breathe. The evening became night and I literally stayed in my room, wide awake, staring out the window. I put my hand to my lip and feel over the scab that was left. Then I start to hear knocking from the front door rapidly. I sit up in a hurry and stared at my bedroom door. I move the blankets off of me and went to my door. I put my ear to the door and tried to listen but all I could hear was faint talking and the TV on in the living room. I lock my door and backed up from it. Come on, we've seen those scary movies. Obviously if you don't hear anything or anyone, then there's something wrong. In my case, I'm so paranoid! The door knob then turned and my heart started beating fast.

"Melanie. Open the door babe, it's me" someone says and I get confused.

"Cameron?" I said faintly that I couldn't hear myself.

"Mel please open the door" the voice came again. Am I tripping or is Cameron at my bedroom door? No, he can't be, he's in Florida. "Please baby open the door" it came again and I was still freaked out. Why won't I open the door? Because it could be someone pretending to be Cameron and wanting to hurt me. I mean if you were a true Cameron Dallas fan, I'm pretty sure you could impersonate him. "Do you trust me?" my heart stops and I smile. It's Cameron. I walk to the door and unlock it then opened the door. Cameron stares at me and I couldn't help but to cry. My boyfriend is here. Cameron grabs my arm and pulls me into his chest and he squeezes me so hard and I just cry in his chest. Why am I crying? Maybe I'm still in shock over earlier. Maybe I'm scared as hell that there are people really wanting to hurt me. Or maybe I'm happy that Cameron's with me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still held up against him.

"Needed to make sure my girl is okay" he says and my heart sinks as he calls me his girl. Knowing he got that saying from my favorite TV show.

"Have you been watching One Tree Hill without me?" I said and I hear him laugh.

"Sort of" he says laughing. I laugh and pulled away from his hug. His hands stayed wrapped around my hips.

"I'm sorry, we flew back why?" someone says and I look over to see Rachel staring at us confused.

"Such a bitch" I heard Nessa say in the background.

"Rachel, you didn't have to come with me" Cameron says staring at her.

"You know... I could have prevented this. I could of" she says walking back into the living room and we follow her.

"How could you prevent this?" Jasmine says. Cameron grabs my hand as I stand next to him.

"Because if she would of signed the damn contract!" Rachel says angry. "I could have had security around you Melanie" Rachel just stares at me. "But no! Make me out for the bad guy! If you would of read the contract, ALL OF IT! You would see that I wanted security to be with you while you go to public events! After what happened with Andrea, I realize there are crazy ass people out here wanting to hurt any girl that dates Cameron Dallas" she says and we stare at her. "Damn it! I could have prevented this. I could have! Then Cameron wouldn't have to miss rehearsal, so great" Rachel says shaking her head. No one says anything. Basically... it's all my fault.

"Can I—can I be alone with Melanie?" Cameron finally says.

"Of course" Nessa says and comes up to me and hugs me. "You let me know if you need anything" she stares at me and I smile.

"We will figure everything out tomorrow kiddo" Jasmine says hugging me. I stare at her and she turns around to pick up her purse. Jasmine and Nessa both leave the living room walking down the hallway.

"Whatever. Cameron, I will be here at 5am, no later or earlier, you better be ready" Jasmine said walking out. I hear the front door shut and I look at Cameron.

"Could you lock the door?" I asked.

"Yea, of course" Cameron says walking away and I hear the front door lock. I walk over to sit on the couch and turned off the TV. Cameron comes back into the living carrying his duffel bag and setting it down. He walks over to me and sits down and pulls me into him as he rubs my back.

"Rachel is really mad" I said.

"She'll get over it"

"Cameron, you came all the way home for me because some mean girls dumped their drinks on me"

"I needed to make sure you were okay Melanie" he says and I don't say anything. "Are you?" I let out a laugh and stare at him.

"I think I'm paranoid. I'm so scared someone is going to try something and this time really hurt me" I say sitting up looking at him.

"I'm going to protect you" he says.

"All the way across the United States?" I asked and he stares at me then looks down. "I want to go to bed" I said. I stand up and went to turn off the lights  in the kitchen and Cameron grabs his duffel bag and followed me in the bedroom. I close the door then locked it. I turn around and Cameron was taking off his pants and sets them in his duffel bag. I go to my dresser and pulled out a tank-top. I take off my sweatshirt and throw it in the corner. I stand there in my sports bra and I can see Cameron staring at me. I put my tank-top on as I go to the bathroom. I open my medicine cabinet and grabbed two Nyquil pills for sleeping. I grabbed my water by the sink and took the pills. Cameron comes into the bathroom and he's shirtless. He stands behind me and wraps his hands around my waist. "Thank you for coming" I said staring at him through the mirror. He smiles then kisses my shoulder.

"Let's go to bed" he said. I turn off the light in the bathroom and we walk to the bed. I get underneath the blankets and Cameron grabs me and pulls me into his arm...just where I belong.

just where I belong