~Chapter 13~ Because He Lived Part 2

Sorry for the wait. Pleaseeee, forgive me!

Aaron's POV

I started at the figures, still processing their words. How could all of this be happening because I lived? This whole mess, was because of me? I collapsed onto my knees, I couldn't stand the fact that everyone was getting hurt because of me, just because I had lived. Was it just me this was because or did this have something to do with Zane too? All these questions raced through my mind while I just sat on the ground unable to move. 

"What do you mean, this is all because I lived?" I asked the words barely over a mumble. 

The figures laughed in synch, their voices combining in a terrifying yet beautiful harmony. "The fates wanted you to die. In the story you were supposed to die, your death was crucial to our survival." 

"W-What story," I choked out, getting to my feet.

"In the story of this sorry world, you were supposed to die, your death would set in motion the arrival and ascension of the shadows." One of them explained, moving closer. I shoved myself back further and stood next to Zane. "Oh and you, you served as a great vessel for our lord. Chances are you probably would have died if he wasn't possessing you." 

Zane glared at the figure and spoke with more bravery than I could muster up at the moment. "If I had known that, that thing was inside of me, I wish I would have died."

I glanced over the shadow to the battle behind them. The shadow was losing and it seemed because of that the figures in front of us were fading. The figure made of light was chanting in a language that I couldn't understand, the chants causing light to rain from the evening sky, like falling stars. 

The figures growled a barred their teeth as they started to fade. "You have been saved this time boy, but next time you won't be so lucky. We'll make sure to, exterminate, that thing before we come back. Then you'll have no one to save you." 

I gulped nervously as one of the figures produced a small shadowy dagger from thin air, as the wind wisped around it, the blade of the dagger seemed to swirl around in a dark mist. "Consider this a parting gift." snarled one of the figures before throwing the dagger at me. I felt it embed its self in my arm, the searing pain made me cry out in agony. I saw spots in my eyes as I heard Zane rush up to me and eye the dagger in my arm.

"I'm going to have to take this out. This dagger is a shadow dagger, it does things to your mind, makes you see things. You won't be yourself," he explained gripping the dagger.

I nodded weakly. I already felt myself slipping away, the spots in my eyes getting larger and larger by the second. Zane nodded and prepared to yank the dagger out, as he did I cried out and screamed in pain. "You should be good now..." sighed Zane throwing the dagger away, I could just barely make out the Shadow Lord disappearing before the darkness consumed me. 

Intense chapter, right?  Welp, I hope you enjoy! Peace out everyone!

~BatGirl