5) Interviews and Waffles

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S LATE!! WRITERS BLOCKS PLUS PRELIMS PLUS EDITS AND SOCIALISING, DOES NOT MIX!!! BORING CHAPTER, JUST A FILLER!! BUT TRUST ME!! NEXT CHAPTER IS THE MEETING OF MALEC AND ALL THE SEXULA TENSION SHIT!! GETS INTERESTING THEN!!! SORRY YOU HAD TO WAIT THIS LONG!! HOPE YOU LIKE IT. LOVE YOU, ANGELS!!!!

An irritating mechanical buzzer sounded through the small speaker above the array of buttons situated at the door of a company apartment. The colourful, inviting signs placed onto the windows high above the front door, reads 'Frays Inc'. A family business, Izzy was informed. Although never having spoken to the manager of the company, Izzy had landed an interview with sheer luck. After keeping tabs on how much she earned at the bar alone, she knew she had to bring more money in for rent. So, after finding an add online for assistance in an artistry company. Something that Izzy had gazed upon fondly from her mother's true passion for art and colours and movement. Good pay and good hours, it was a win, win. Now all Izzy needed to do, was get the job. That shouldn't be too hard. Right?

"Hello, Frays Inc. How can I help you?" A gentle feminine voice echoed through the speaker, catching Izzy's attention.

"Oh... Eh- Hi! My name is Isabelle Lightwood" Izzy began, her back arched and her mouth hovering closely to the speaker, "I'm here for the assistant job?"

A small silence filled the conversation between the speaker and Izzy. The sound of beeping cars and argumentative New Yorkers to remind her that she was still on the street.

"Uhhhh.... Yes!" The woman replied. Izzy thinking she must of been looking at a list of names, only to spot her name in the variety of eager workers coming for the same position. "Please make your way up, Miss Lightwood"

For a second, Izzy froze. No one had ever spoken in such a manner towards her. All the people she had known or met, always saw her as more or less a growing adult. Never a former, hardworking woman who had such a status as 'Miss'. Or perhaps one day, Mrs. It struck a cord in Izzy's heart. Away back when working officials of her dad's or school teachers would speak to her mother so formerly.

Miss Lightwood

A sudden pang of sadness and pain threaded through Izzy's mind until it was quickly replaced with happiness. And something along the lines of proudness.

"Thanks... I-I mean" Izzy breathed, remembering to act like a woman. A professional. An adult. "Thank you very much" and she entered the door with the click of a lock.

An elevator was situated front, right and centre after walking through the door. Quickly pressing the button only for the metallic doors to slide elegantly apart for Izzy to enter. Unlike the rusted, claustrophobic and squeaky lift of her apartment, the sound of what would be classed as 'elevator music' chimed through the comfortable space in the now closed off area. The box rising after Izzy hit the button for the top floor, titled 'Frays Inc'.

A big slow breath echoed from Izzy's lips as her eyes wandered around the elevator behind her black rimmed glasses, slid to the near bottom of her nose as it always did. Nerves shook her body as she prepped for the interview. A sweet sense of relaxation washed over her as she had settled herself, staring upon the doors that would soon slide to open to a new and exciting opportunity for her. Although the moment was short lived as the elevator came to a stop, and her nervousness crawled back in, like a shy child curing into their parents arms after meeting a new stranger.

The opening doors of the lift revealed a funky, yet modern twist of style in its open area of work space, reception and separate offices. Splashes of colour illuminated from not only the selection of Frays paintings hung and spaced nicely upon the curved walls, but from the furniture and desks, plants and water taps, to computers and phones were all vibrant with shades of blue, yellow, green, pink and more.