The Kindergarten

You woke up in a dark place that smelled of dirt and dampness. You had no memory of existing before. Slowly, your eyes adjusted and you saw a bright light. 'That must be the opening.' you thought. Your name suddenly came into your head, and you knew who you were. You looked yourself over and found a gem. Sparkling, you saw that it was on your (body part). You started to hear voices. It was coming from the opening. Cautiously, you walked forward, stopping at the entrance. You saw many other gems around you, walking and talking among each other. You were looking around when you met someone's gaze. A small green gem, whose gem was atop her head, retreated and ran across the Kindergarten. You thought nothing of it, and started walking around. "I wonder if this is where everyone came from..." You spoke softly to yourself.

     You were wondering around the Kindergarten, not having spoke a word to any gem being yet. You gave kind smiles to everyone though. You were so busy, you didn't notice a small green gem following you from a distance.

      As you were walking around, you took notice of a second shadow, following yours. Soon enough, you turned around to see the same little gem who ran away. "Eeep!!" Her voice was surprised that you had caught her in the act of following you. She stumbled back, and tripping over herself, she fell on the hard ground. "I-I I'm sorry! P-Please don't hurt me!!" She held up her arms in defense and cowered in your presence. "Don't be afraid of me." You spoke, your voice as smooth as your silky soft hair. She looked up at you with eyes full of fear. You held out your hand to help her up. The green gem looked at it, eyes softening and calm. She took your hand and stood up. 'Her hand.... is so soft.' You thought. "My apologies. Please forgive me." She said, dusting off. "My name is Peridot Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG." She introduced. "Nice to meet you, Peridot. I'm (Y/n)."