"Forget me.. "

"Her name is Y/n Rose

"Her name is Y/n Rose.. " Peter says drawing Derek's attention away from the words.

"Rose, as in the founding family of Beacon Hil."  Peter nods.

"At that time the Rose family were the most powerful Controllers. They could not only control objects but they could also control people with their minds. In the past werewolves and controllers were always getting on each others bad sides. Before you were born the Hale and the Rose family made a agreement to stay away from each other to avoid the outbreak of another war. The werewolves had their territory and the controllers had theirs. You were walking in the woods one day when you found Y/n sitting under a tree writing in her journal. It was going all the way downhill from there.

"She would sneak off to that exact spot every day to meet you, completely careless to the fact that she was in werewolf territory. The two of you fell in love. Y/n's family found out and was furious. They wanted to kill you, so the only thing Y/n could think of to keep you safe was to take away all memories you have of her. There was a flaw in her plan though, she knew that once she saw you she would start to doubt herself, she wouldn't be able to do it. So that night she sent you that photo, as soon as you read it you forgot everything. She would be a stranger to you.

"It worked, you were safe and the Rose family would have no reason to kill you. But her actions would not go unpunished. Her powers would be ripped away from her and she knew that if they were, there would be no possibility to give you back your memories. So she fled. The dream you're having is the first memory of her when you didn't know who she was. Y/n had hope that one day she would be safe from her family and she would slowly bring back you're memories. And when that did in fact happen she asked me to give you that.." Derek looks at the journal in his hand. "It's not going to come back all at once but you're going to remember everything.. Derek she left you for a reason.,. Don't find her.." Peter then leaves Derek alone.

Derek sighs and then slowly opens the journal. On the first page there's a letter in the same elegant hand writing as the words on the photo..

My love.

If you're reading this it means your memories are back. I'm sure right now it's just bits and pieces . You must be so confused. Knowing you there's even a part of you that's angry. You need to know that I did not want to leave that night. But I had to keep my family away from you and they couldn't very well punish you for being with a girl you didn't know.

This letter is not very long since my time is running short. I hope Peter explained everything to you. I hope you know that everything I did was because I love you. I love you Derek Hale and even if you don't remember it yet you were my world and I would do this all over again if it meant you would be happy.

Happiness. That's all I want for you. I gave you your memories so you can find peace. So you can know what happened in your past. But that's all it is-  that's all I am- your past.

I'll love you till the day I die but I did not write this letter for you to mess up you're future by being close to me again.

I can't control what you do anymore Derek but if you do in fact remember what loving me felt like I ask you one important favor..

Don't find me.

Daisy Rose.

...

Two weeks later..

Derek remembers her. Not just bits and pieces, everything. He's not going to forget her again. This time he's going to hold on to her and never let go. Right now she might be just a bunch of memories but he knows that the old Derek, the Derek who's with her in his head would find her.

So that's exactly what he's going to do..

(Hunger by Ross Copperman)

...

New Orleans.

Derek walks into the little restaurant on the corner. The room overflows with jazz music and there isn't one person in the room without a glass of beer. His eyes scan the room. There she is. The girl he's been searching for for the last week. She stands behind the bar. Wearing her waiters uniform. She laughs at something her friend says and she just casually looks up when her eyes lock with Derek's.

Not one of them move so much as an inch just taking in the reality of the moment. Y/n removes her little white apron and places it down on the counter. She then walks over to Derek stopping right in front of him. "You're just as beautiful as I remember.." Derek says breaking the comfortable silence.

"You remember me.." Y/n asks shocked.

"I remember everything about you. I remember you love Daisies so much I started calling you Daisy. You drink your coffee with cream and vanilla. Our first kiss was in your closet when we were hiding from your dad. You're an awful singer but I always said I love it. I remember asking you to marry me on your birthday, I gave you a daisy with a ring tide to the stem with a yellow ribbon. I remember you saying yes. You couldn't wear the ring so you put it on a chain and wore it as a necklace. The same necklace your wearing now." Derek smiles at the sweet thoughts of their time together. But Y/n looks at the ground wiping away the tears that sting her eyes.

"Why did you look for me.."

"Because you were wrong. I do remember what it feels like to love you. And because of that I couldn't ignore the way I felt about you, the way I now know I feel about you."

"Derek you can't love someone you just met."

Derek steps forward gently taking Y/n hands in his. "That's the thing. I can love you Y/n, because I didn't just meet you. I just had a second chance to see you for the first time. I love you Daisy Y/n Rose." Derek says and even more tears stream over Y/n's cheeks.

"After three years I finally have you back." Derek pulls her into his arms. "I love you so,so much." She mumbles against his chest.

...

Okay I'm going to be honest.. I absolutely love this story.. so on this one especially I would really love to hear what you think.

xoxo..*M