Chapter 7

Adrien had finally concluded that he doesn't want to push ladybugs' feelings away from him. He felt a connection that seems so familiar. As Chat Noir she will ask her straightforward but without revealing his identity. Guilt filled inside him, he did not want to have feelings for another girl. But it was his ex-crush when he affected ladybug so much but somehow moved on to another. His head was scrambled with these feelings but mostly he did not shake off that kiss. Her lips were forever stuck in his memory and so were the feelings. But Marinette also lingers in his mind. His thoughts focused on why did she act so stranger and responded differently. He was worried about how this is truly affecting him. Adrien finally got up from his  desk and called for Plagg, "Plagg Transform me!"

Chat Noir pounce all over the city. He needed to clears his mind from Marinette and Ladybug. He used his staff to push himself upwards to fly up into the sky. Finally feeling free as he flew in the sky. Using his staff was like second nature to him. As his mind wander off he hears random commotions of a car honking on the streets. He turns to look and see it was just angry taxi drivers arguing with each other.

He nodded in disappointment as he hoped it was an Akuma. He extends his staff once again and flew up to the air. As he jumps across the city, he looks around and spots something at the park. He sees Marinette walking through the park.

"Wasn't she suppose to be at the bakery?" he says out loud to himself as he watched her.

As he was distracted trying to go toward the park a pigeon flew past him. His nose's started to twitch in irritation of his allergies. He tries to hold it in and pass it as a sniffle. However, he could not do it; he let a huge explosion of a sneeze.

Which made him lost hold of his staff which made him fly into the treetop of a tree. His backache from hitting the branch so he just laid there until he can restore his strength.

Marinette was lost in thought all day as she helped her parents in the bakery. She figured out that she really is not betraying Adrien since she is kissing him in both. But no matter what it was still feeling guilty. She tried to forget him for the time being but it's Paris. The only thing she sees is his face. In his perfume ads and, his promotional signs everywhere. She even lied to Adrien that she was still home as she was walking out in the city. She passes Montmartre too. to get inspired for a design but it didn't work. A plane flew above it, it was an advertisement for the Agresete clothing line. She is lost in him as she looks away. She is in love but couldn't believe the separation she caused.

She made her way home as she walks toward the park. 

Why did I make myself believe that this is going to pass? All I want is to be over this. Why did I let my love blind me? Cause now I have to pretend I don't really care. he was my fairytale my dream when we're not sleeping, a wish upon a star coming true. But now that I confuse my feeling with the truth. 

As she was not paying attention she bumps into someone unexpectedly as she passed the fountain. "Oops, I'm sorry." As the person dropped all their stuff on her feet.

"It's okay Marinette. Don't worry I'll pick it up." Nathaniel says as he bends down to quickly pick his things.

"Sorry I dropped your stuff," Marinette says as she watched him pick up his stuff.

"It's okay. But can I ask why were you distracted?" Nathaniel asked as he notices as walking towards her that she really was not paying attention.

She refocused on Nathaniel, "I guess I'm just distracted."

"A little more than usual. Do you want to talk about it?... Or... um or not.?" Nathaniel blushed.

"I rather not but thanks. Are you drawing again out here?" Marinette tries to change the conversation.

"Yeah, but they aren't done. Do you want to sit on the bench to check them out?" Nathaniel offered.

Marinette accepted and went to the bench that was near where Chat has recently fallen.

"Did you heard that?" Nathaniel says as they sat down as they heard a rustling up the trees.

"Must be the pigeons that got startled," Nathaniel shrugged as he flipped through his sketchbook. Marinette and Nathaniel continue to converse on his drawing and what he was still working on.

Chat dazed expression wore off as he heard people speaking in clear words. No longer in a dazed trance of the headache, the branch gave him in fall he looked to see where he was.

"What happened?" Chat Noir mumbled to himself as looked at the branches that broke his fall.

His ear spiked up as he heard Marinette's voice nearby, "Nathaniel your so amazing."

"Heh it no big deal," He replied to Marinette's compliment.

"You got to be kidding yourself," Marinette argued.

"At least your mood is gettings better," he comments as she giggles.

"Huh oh yeah, I forgot,"  she says as he saw her face saddened as she realizes that this was the first time she had forgotten about Adrien.

"Hey how about we get ice cream at Andre's it's my treat?" Nathaniel quickly asks to hope to make her smile again but he knew he blew it.

"Thanks but maybe next time. I should really go," Marinette sighed as she knew that now had made Nathaniel worried.

"What going on with Marinette?" Chat Noir thought as he listens to the conversation. They are friends but he never really hung out. However, it was how Nathaniel was making her smile and laugh that made his blood boil.

I swore I knew the melody that you sang Mari. When you sang Mari  I thought I could sing along. But then I went and change the words, I'm pushing you way. Now I know this ain't a fairy tale, now I can't tell if I confused my feeling of you and me Mari.

He was jealous. Or more annoyed because he saw Marinette's face sadden because he reminded her that she was. He wanted to know what was going on with her. He hoped to listen into an answer but a branch As well the branch poking his back is practically killing him. He could not wait any longer as he reached his back to try to hold himself up to get off the branch and get to sit up. However, his hand slipped and he fell out of the tree.