Unexpected.

Lucy's P.O.V

I started living in Mirajane's house. Not bothering to stay with my siblings, so I woke her up in the middle of the night, the red puffy eyes, tear stained cheeks enough for her to take me in. "M-Mira." I sobbed as I flung myself at her "Lucy? what happened?" she asks as she pats my back "G-Gray, I...I marry a girl... blue hair and I just hate him so much and I.." I was just rambling on at this point.

"Ok, ok shh." She soothed me as she stroked my hair and walked me in, I cried to the point I had no more tears left. Before I knew it I fell into a deep sleep, sleeping my worries away.The next morning I was making myself coffee in Mirajane's kitchen, with a slight migrane.

"God, I feel like crap." I groaned rubbing my temple in circles as I turned seeing Mira holding up a picnic basket. "Lucy, we're going for a picnic today." she smiled as she waved the basket in her hands, I couldn't say 'no' to that smile of hers "Alright, shower first." I said as I took a sip of my coffee and made my way to the bathroom.

Finishing up, we drove to one of her local parks, children....lots of children everywhere. I mean this is a park, this is where they come to duh. Mirajane chose a spot under a big Sakura tree and I set the cloth down whilst she grabbed more things from the car.

Mirajane returns with a basket full of food. And I finished prepping up the cups and plates. Mirajane took out their lunch boxes. Opening it up my eyes widened at the sandwhiches and snacks she got out. "Mira!" I looked at her with sparkling eyes as I quickly grab for sandwiches. "Oh, I forgot the napkins." Mirajane stood up as she walked back towards the car and I happily chewed on my stunt sandwhich.

"Well hello." A shadow stepped in front of me, blocking the sun and might I add that was just rude! I looked up seeing a muscular young man with orange eyes, his hair is slicked back, its numerous spiky strands pointing backwards, though some of it falls down on his forehead, a lightning bolt-shaped scar on his right eye he wore black ripped jeans and a white cotton t-shirt.

"Isn't it a bit hot to be wearing jeans?" I asked eyeing him up and down, and I am unimpressed. "Hmm?" he tilts his head to the side. "You- ugh nevermind." I said as I continued to chomp on my sandwhich. "Hello, can I help you with something?" The man smirked as he looked up only to stare in awe, his cheeks tinted red as she came closer. I raised a brow, oh are you dazzeled by her beauty? I mean how could you not?

"I was just passing by- I'm Laxus." He smiled with his hand out to her, I looked over to Mira who seemed to reach for the shake she too seemed to be entranced, "Umm, I..um...I'm-" she stuttered "Mirajane" I finished for her, "Yeah, what she said." The two seemed to have a moment and I felt like a third wheel, "Aha, um." I looked down at the sandwhich in my hands "I really be thirdwheeling tho." I whispered.

"So Laxus? Would you like to join us for a picnic?" I asked looking at Mirajane who seemed to have forgotten what we came here for. "Uh sure, if it's alright with you both?" He questioned not even sparing me a glance, "We don't mind do we Mira?" I asked her and she was smiling at Laxus "Yup. We don't mind at all please, seat." I took out a plate for him Mirajane placed a sandwhich on his plate and I brought mine up instead she gave me the whole box. Welp, I've never seen her like this before. But this kinda hurts.

We had lunch and talked, well I talked. These two sitting across from each other kept stealing glances, sending smiles, ignoring my existence...the usual. I felt a vibrate in my pocket, fishing out my phone I looked at the caller I.D "Natsu?" I questioned. "Sorry I have to take this call" I said getting up and walking away from the two who seemed to not even notice me.

"Alright then." I said.

Walkimg a safe distance away from the two I answered the phone "Hello?"