Steve rolled his eyes a little.

"Uh, um, well now that I think of it, no," I answered anxiously.

Sam started to laugh, "I'm just messing with you man."

Nat chuckled and Steve's face lit up. They thought Sam was funny but I didn't know my feelings about him yet. Love-hate relationship for now, I guess.

The woman behind us with the long hair stood up and approached us. She was a little taller than Nat, her skin tone was close to hers though.

"Morning Wanda," Steve waved to the girl behind me. Nat gave her a smile and Sam mumbled good morning back.

"доброе утро (Good morning)," her thick accent spoke. My head shot around and our eyes met. Last time I heard someone speak Russian I was at Hydra.

"ты говоришь по-русски? (You speak russian?)," I asked.

"Да (Yes)," she replied.

Nat interrupted, "Извините, я тоже участвую (Excuse me, but I'm part of this too)," she giggled.

My eyes grew big. Did everyone here speak Russian? Did Steve speak Russian? Did Sam? Heck, did Tony?

Russian was my second language and was mostly used at Hydra, but when I spoke russian just now, I didn't feel forced like I normally would. This was casual. It felt good, comforting almost.

Steve and Sam sat idly by, wide-eyed, watching our interaction.

"Меня зовут Ванда (My name is Wanda)," the girl held her hand out. I hesitated but forgot I didn't have a heavy, clanking metal arm anymore.

I rose my arm and shook her hand.

"Bucky," I informed.

"Nice to meet you Bucky," her thick accent was back, "может быть, мы можем говорить снова когда-нибудь (maybe we can talk again someday)." She smiled a little and I felt warm.

Wanda waved to the others and walked out of the cafeteria. The red man that was once talking to her floating into the air and through the ceiling, which I still don't understand, but frankly, I was too afraid to ask.

"Good to see you playing nice on the playground for once," Sam joked.

The group laughed a little and Steve kept the conversation going. "It really is nice seeing you smile again Bucky."

I couldn't keep my mouth from smiling. When I wasn't worrying about (Y/N) and how she was doing, I was actually having a good time.

After we finished breakfast, we all went in and visited (Y/N) in the infirmary.

We all walked into the room quietly, slowly getting closer to the sound of steady beeping and the scent of chemicals.

(Y/N) was still asleep, but she was recovering, so that was to be expected. Bruce was next to her when we arrived and explained her vitals as we each took turns holding her hand.

I sat down next to her first and Bruce's words drained out of my head. All I could hear was (Y/N)'s breathing. All I could see was (Y/N)'s face. All I could feel was the soft, smooth skin on the back of her hand. My thumb grazed her wrist, gradually sensing her pulse beat against her skin. Her face was relaxed, and I kissed her cheek. I wanted to kiss her lips, but I stopped myself. Call me old fashioned, but I at least wanted her conscious when we had our first real kiss.

I had to keep reassuring myself. Normally     (Y/N) would tell me this when I was anxious, but I had to do that for myself now.

Everything was going to be okay.

.............................................................................

Hello everyone!! I've been seeing lots of people reading my chapters and it makes me so happy to know others are following along!

All my chapters have been averaging around 1000 to 1200 words. Do you guys think I should shorten them a little bit, make them longer, or stay the same? I think I wanted to shorten them a little, but let me know what you guys think! Thanks!!💕