chapter 10

"What did you ask Steve?" Bucky tried to make eye contact with you but you kept your eyes on the ground.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to see if he wanted to plan a dinner with all of us, that's all," you rubbed your neck trying to play it off.

Bucky squinted at you for awhile, but soon shrugged it off. "Who's we, then?"

"Um well this was the first time I mentioned it, but I'm hoping Steve, Nat and Sam," you brushed a piece of hair out of your face and tucked it behind your ear," and I would invite everyone else but I don't know how team Stark has been settling recently."

Bucky nodded in understanding.

"He seemed okay though," he uttered.

"Who?" you inquired.

"Tony. I expected everything to be a little more tense, but he seemed to have cooled down a little since everything that happened. I'm surprised he even let me out of cryo," he explained.

"Well he did it for Steve, you know. Tony won't admit it, but he actually has feelings," you chuckled. "He was a family friend of my father's and Tony gave me this job. He's very protective of me, if you can believe it. I wanted to be more than a therapist. I've dreamed of working along side of the Avengers and getting out in the field," you paused for a bit. Your hair fell in front of your face again. Bucky swiped it away and tucked it in again.

"Then what stopped you?" he asked, meeting your eyes as you stopped in the hallway.

"Tony did. He didn't want me to get hurt. Before my dad died, Tony promised that he would look after me. So in a way, he's kind of a distant father-type to me," you said flashing a quick smile.

"Why didn't he come and help you when I almost, um..you know?" Bucky's face furrowed as he asked.

You signed and looked down again. "I don't know. He's been a little weird since assigning me to you, so who knows?"

There was a silent pause that filled the air between you two. Bucky made you realize that something was a little off with Tony, but it was probably just the fact that Bucky was awake again.

It was getting late so you both strolled back to your room. There were two queen beds, one next to the door, and the other was facing the large window. The beds were set with a large, gray duvet and two patterned pillows each. They looked so comfortable and you couldn't wait to plop yourself down. Bucky was about to lay in the bed closer to the wall, but you stopped him before he had the chance.

"Wait, you should get the bed next to the window. That way you can have a better view of  outside," you said smiling at Bucky, who looked exhausted.

"No, no it's okay (Y/N). You can have whichever one you want."

"Bucky, I want you to have that bed. As your therapist, I instruct you to take that one. It will be good for you, or something," you chuckled, making Bucky laugh back of course.

"Alrighty then, (Y/N). Whatever you say," he replied, running his hands through his hair. You noticed the little bit of caramel that traced the ends of his hair. The grease from his hair before almost made it look black, but after washing it, you realized that it was actually a nice shade of brown. You had to tell yourself to stop getting caught up in his features, but gosh, who would be able to?

You ran to the bathroom and slipped into something more comfortable, while you heard Bucky fall into bed. The facility was really cold at night from having the air conditioning run all day. You shivered as you put on some gray joggers and a burgundy sweatshirt.

As you tip-toed back to your bed, you noticed Bucky looked like he was asleep already. You kept quiet as you tucked yourself into the covers. The duvet was freezing and your hands and feet were icy. You rolled over and glanced at Bucky, who looked perfectly peaceful. He was tucked in like a little kid with his eyes closed. You were literally shaking from it being so cold. You shut your eyes in hope you could force yourself to sleep, but it was just too chilly. You jumped a little when he spoke.

"Are you cold?" he asked, still laying in place but with his eyes open.

"A little, but I'm okay," you lied. You were frozen under the sheets, tucking your hands into your armpits.

Bucky sat up a little and shook his head. "No you're not (Y/N),  you're shivering bad. Come lay next to me, I don't mind," he said, motioning for you to come next to him.

"Seriously, I'm fine Buck." You lied again.

"You're a bad liar, you know."

Dang it.

He pulled back the sheets and patted the empty space next to him.

You jokingly rolled you eyes and got out of bed. "Fine, if you insist," you signed, giving him a tiny grin.

You laid one leg in after another and pulled the sheets up. You could feel his warmth without even touching him. You laid down on the pillow and faced towards him, because you didn't exactly want to be in spooning position.

You kept your eyes closed since your faces were only a couple inches away from each other. You were still cold, but scooting any closer might have made things weird. Not for you specifically, but you didn't my want to make it uncomfortable for him.

To your surprise, he placed his arm over you and pulled you closer so his face was buried in your hair. Your face was up against his chest and you looked up to glance at his eyes. You raised an eyebrow, mentally asking him what he just did.

"You were still shivering," he beamed before closing his eyes again.

.............................................................................

Hey everyone!! 💕 this is my first story and i've really gotten into it so far :)))
please comment and let me know how you guys are liking it or if there's anything you think i could work on, i would really appreciate it😊 thanks so much for reading!!