chapter 15

(your pov)

Bucky disappeared quietly from the room and your heart sank. You turned back to Tony and pushed yourself towards him.

"What did you do to him? You obviously have upset him somehow," your voice rose.

"No, (Y/N). You did this. You fell in love with him and now he's fallen for you," he replied.

"In love? Tony what are you-"

"Don't even try that (Y/N). You have fallen in love with a monster and you did that to yourself. I was just protecting you," he said shaking his head.

"Bucky is not a monster. He is kind and caring, there's a whole other side of him that you don't know."

"Does that include the side of him that almost choked the life out of you? Hm, (Y/N)?" he questioned. Steve inched closer, feeling the tension pulling you forward.

"You are so ridiculous Tony!" you yelled.

"Am I? Your father's dying wish to me was to make sure you were safe here. I promised him that I would look out for you, and I surely haven't, considering that you've fallen for him."

"Stop Tony! Bucky is not like that. Not anymore. What happened in the lab was an accident, I wish you could see that."

"It's not just about the lab. He's done other stuff too (Y/N), I know you've read his file."

You shook your head. He had done some horrific stuff. But the Winter Soldier did that stuff, Bucky didn't.

"Bucky didn't do any of that, you know he didn't," Steve reassured him in a calming but stern tone.

"Shut up capsicle, I don't need you butting into this," Tony told.

You've never felt this mad before. You were a therapist and staying calm and helping work things out was what you got paid for. Not this time.

"Do not talk to Steve that way," you pushed closer, using your glare to slap Tony in his face. Steve grabbed you arm and nodded to you. Your teeth were grinding and your body was hot. You stopped where you were and took deep breathes.

Tony just shook his head in disapproval. Tony was justified to caring for you. He wasn't wrong for looking out and caring. It was sweet. But the way he carried it out wasn't right. Where Tony was supposed to input his fatherly protection was replaced by his personal hatred for Bucky. These emotions were so locked in deep down, he probably didn't realize it. Which explains why he couldn't accept the fact that Bucky was different now.

You turned back around and Steve kept facing you, ready to give you a big momma bear hug. You kept your eyes down at your feet, feeling the heat cool down in the form of warm tears coming out. You sniffled and Steve put his arms around you. You wanted just to feel his embrace and breath him all in, but there was no time for that.

"I'm going to get him," you announced, looking up at Steve.

"No you won't. I will not allow it," Tony interrupted.

"I don't care Tony. I don't care what you think anymore. I did before, and if you had told me that earlier, I may have listened to you. But not now," you said, wiping your cheek.

"I'll come with you (Y/N)," he reassured, flashing that perfect smile of his at you.

"Thanks Steve," You said, releasing yourself out of his arms.

"You can't be serious (Y/N)! He will hurt you again-" Tony fumed.

"No he won't Tony. Right now, you're the only one hurting me."

He didn't speak anymore after that and watched as you and Steve ran out of the room and down the stairs to the main lobby. You scanned around for him. He was less noticeable now that he looked normal. Normal haircut. Normal clothes. Normal body. At the same time though, he was anything but simple.

"Where do you think he could be?" Steve asked, his eyes looking around as intently as you were.

You paused in thought. Where did Bucky like the most? Where did he feel most at ease?

Got it.

You raced towards the giant clear window doors that led to the outside field. The air was cool and crisp, and the sunset was extraordinary. The sky was painted red and orange, with light hints of dark blue following.

And there he was.

Your 'anything but simple' Bucky. Your Bucky who loved to eat plums anytime of the day. Your Bucky who had light caramel wisps in his hair that you could only see in clear daylight. Your Bucky who melted the second you grazed his head and twirled his brunette waves. Your Bucky who had the sharpest, crystal clear blue eyes you had ever seen. Your Bucky who opened up to you and let you see his true self, his old self.

Your Bucky.