CH 11: Protection

Start from the beginning

A few Xenomorphs stopped at the end of the hall, turning to look at me. One opened it's mouth and hissed loudly. The others stood and slowly stepped forward, saliva dripping down from their jaws and hitting the floor. Their claws were raised and their tails were whipping side to side. The diamond teeth glistened almost like they were grinning at me, like Xaez did.

I stared for a few more seconds before turning, it was so fast that I thought I was going to trip over my own feet. I sprinted as fast as I could and instead of going down the corridor back to my room I ran toward the Mess Hall that was a few halls away.

My fear and adrenaline made me much faster.

"Xaez!" I yelled for my friend and tried to see if he'd come to me, "Xaez, where are you?!" I shrieked as I heard more Xenomorphs. They were screeching and hissing and I could hear them crawling on the walls behind me.

I turned down another hall, glancing back for just a second. The Xenomorphs were extremely close now, just a few feet away, their claws were leaving massive scratch marks on the walls as they pounced and screeched.

'Just run and don't stop, rule number 1, NEVER turn around' I had learned it from a video game but I never thought that it'd come in handy in real life. I looked away and forward, two more corridors until the Mess hall.

I forced myself to move faster as I turned a corner and nearly smashed into the wall, now I could see some Marines, they were at the end of the last hall. They saw me and ran toward me. Then they stopped and raised their weapons, horror was on their faces.

"Xenomorphs!" One screamed, "Open fire!"

I shrieked as the Marines fired, the shots missed me but I could feel them flying past my skull. "Xaez!" I called again, I didn't care if the Marines heard me, "Xaez!!!". I made it to the end of the hall and as I turned I bumped into someone. I yelped as I fell to the ground.

"Who's Xaez?" I looked up and saw Prone, he extended his hand to help me up.

I opened my mouth to say something but instead said nothing and grabbed his hand. He pulled me to my feet. "Where do we go?" I asked.

Prone looked behind himself, at the mess hall door, "There is an emergency exit it in the Mess Hall, we'll leave through those okay?" He looked at the Marines that were still firing. "Do you have your pistols?"

"No." I began to walk toward the mess hall but Prone grabbed my wrist.

"Wait," He said, "The Armory is just a few corridors away, we can make it there, grab your guns, and leave this place. Come on." He walked to where the other Marines were, "I'm heading to the Armory, I'll be back in five."

He began to jog down the opposite hall, I chased after him. "What's a Corridor?"

He glanced down at me, "A hall basically." He looked forward again and lifted his assault rifle, "Stay close to me, Xenomorphs are everywhere now."

We both jogged down the Corridors, we could still hear the Xenomorphs screeching and hissing some snarled loud enough to make the ground shake slightly. 'What creature can make a noise that loud?' Prone seemed uneasy when ever he heard the snarls, and appeared to shiver a bit.

I tried to remember what Prone told me about the Xenomorphs and how there were different kinds of them. 'Praetorian and Queen? Yeah I think that was it. Maybe the snarls are from those things. He said they were big so wouldn't they be loud too?' 

Prone didn't look back no matter what noises he heard, he just kept going and didn't stop. It didn't take long until we reached the Armory and now Prone seemed even more unsettled.