The Elevator (6)

"Mama." Angelo calls out, trying to find Dinah. "Mama!" He calls out a bit louder.

He follows the sound of the barely audible noise, and pushes the bathroom door in his parent's room open. Normani wasn't home, so he wasn't scared of walking in on anything.

He walks into the bathroom, filled with steam, where Dinah is belting out Beyoncè's "Listen".

"Mommy?" He calls out hesitantly, not sure if he should interrupt his mother's solo or not. Dinah could be very hot and cold when it came to someone interrupting her singing.

"Yeah baby boy?" She cuts her high notes short as she glides the washcloth across her arm. She hated showering alone, but Normani wasn't home, so she had no other choice.

"Fayah made a... in the toilet, and she's demanding that you come wipe her."

Dinah sighs, knowing how problematic her children could be. She knew for a fact that Safayah demanded that she wipe her, because they were very picky, depending on their moods. "I'll be there soon, okay, go entertain her or something."

"Okay." The almost thirteen year old responds quietly. He knew that Dinah and Normani were both disappointed in him, no matter how understanding they acted. He didn't want to push his boundaries.

He stalks off as Dinah gets out of the shower, drying herself. She was mentally cursing Normani out for leaving her with a house full of children, but she knew that they were her kids too, and she couldn't just deny them.

After five minutes of Safayah telling Angelo something so interesting, Dinah finally enters the bathroom, causing the two year old to squeal in excitement at the sight of her mother. "Mama!"

"Hey baby girl, want me to wipe you?" Dinah asks, tying her wet hair up in a high ponytail.

Safayah nods eagerly, and Dinah moves forward to wipe her, Angelo cringing in disgust as he leaves the bathroom.

"Go play with your sister, okay?" She pats Safayah on the back. "And play nice, you two had better stop fighting over toys."

"Okay Mama." The Dinah-look-a-like responds sweetly, and runs off.

"I guess I should make some lunch too, dammit Mani." Dinah mumbles to herself as she enters the kitchen. Although Normani was the model, and the more princess-y one of the two, Dinah hated cooking.

"Mama."

"Mhm?" Dinah hums as she gets all the needed material out to make sandwiches.

"Do you think that Mommy is going to do anything crazy?"

Dinah furrows her thin eyebrows as she looks back at Angelo. "Regarding?"

"The kids at school." The boy responds as he sits down on a kitchen stool, watching his mother work. "She's the type to go in there and cuss the whole building out."

"That's true." The Polynesian agrees as she starts buttering all the bread. "But I told her not to, hopefully she listens. Sometimes when I warn her on things, it goes in the one ear and out the other."

"Mama is proud." Angelo speaks, as he starts playing with his pendant. "She doesn't listen to anyone."

"Yeah, being proud sometimes gets on my nerves, but I get it." Dinah shrugs. "I'm like that sometimes too."

"Is it a female thing?"

"Somewhat." Dinah responds absentmindedly and begins placing the stuff on the bread. Then she gets it. "Why are you asking?"

"Just asking." Angelo replies, but Dinah can tell by the tone of his voice, like with Normani's, that he's not fully telling the truth.

"Is there a girl?" The blonde asks as she places a freshly made sandwich in front of her son.