The Elevator (4)

"And where the hell am I supposed to sit?" Normani asks, holding the popcorn bowl in her one hand, while swiftly taking the television remote out of Dinah's unsuspecting hand.

"I don't know." Dinah shrugs, trying to take the remote back, but her weak efforts aren't enough as she keeps her eyes glued to the the tv screen where the All Blacks are doing the Haka. "Wherever the hell you find a place to sit."

"Move over." The brunette demands, and that was enough to capture Dinah's attention.

"What? Move over to where Mani? This is a single seater, in case you haven't noticed. Find another place to sit."

"But I want to sit here." Normani says, and Dinah can't ignore the sense of finality in her wife's voice. Therefore, she sighs, pulls the handle under the arm of the couch, and reclines the seat, propping her legs up.

Normani smiles when she gets her way, and carefully straddles Dinah's waist before letting her top half rest against Dinah's.

Dinah sighs, slightly annoyed, but brings her hands up to rest on the small of Normani's back, watching as the dark skinned woman decides on what to watch.

She doesn't even protest when Normani decides on Spongebob, and instead closes her eyes, getting comfortable.

She was tired. Like sleepy tired and physically tired. Her and Normani had been at it all night. Well, Normani was doing things that drove her crazy, and she simply couldn't help herself.

She couldn't help herself until two in the morning, and then found herself waking up to Normani repaying her two hours later.

Sadly, the children had to go to school and that meant that one of them had to take the kids to school. That one being Dinah.

When the tired Polynesian had returned home, they had continued where they left off, and that lead them to where they are now.

Normani had even decided to take the day off, just because she wanted to spend quality time with Dinah.

"Babe?"

Dinah groans internally, because she was just starting to fall asleep. "Mhm?" She hums, her eyes still closed.

"Remember when you were talking about that trip to Tonga before the babies were born?" Normani asks, interlocking their fingers.

"Yeah?"

"We never went." She points out, her head shifting on Dinah's chest so that she can watch the woman's facial expressions as she speaks. "And I think it's time to go. We haven't been spending any time together lately, and I think this trip away will be good for us."

"You make it sound like its only the two of us going on this trip. We have three kids Mani." Dinah points out. She hears nothing but silence, and when she opens her eyes, Normani is peeking at her, slightly biting her lip.

"Well..."

"You want to leave the children behind?" Dinah asks, slightly bewildered. "I thought the whole reason for going there was so that I could take the twins to see the most beautiful place on earth."

"And they will." Normani replies in an assuring tone as she sits up on Dinah's stomach. "It's not that I don't want to take them. It's just that... I miss you. And you're stressed, I can see it in your eyes. I don't want my baby to be stressed."

Dinah closes her eyes as Normani threads her fingers through her locks before running them down the side of her face. She feels a familiar pair of lips on her own for a few moments for reassurance before opening her eyes.