16 - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Reminder: A person is only ever gone when we choose to forget about them. Physically there or not, they still impact our lives. Take your idol for example. You make twitter accounts for them, stay updated on interviews and do all that fun stuff but where are they? Not next to you, not across the street. Halfway across the world, most of the time, but that never stops us from giving our love and expecting nothing back. 

One of mine's is Lexa. 

Anya

I'm actually not a violent person. I mean, sure, the constant resting bitch face and hard attitude I give to others says differently, but I wouldn't hurt someone unless its the very last resort. And so if I have an alternative, I take it. 

//

Abbey  goes to greet them, pulling the piping tray of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven and sliding them onto a plate, afterwards removing her kitchen mittens. She thought it mandatory to bake a fresh batch, made specially for her daughter who's now in a relationship (something she was afraid of never witnessing). Opening her mouth, her mouth hangs, suspended, when an emotionless Clarke drags herself into the house, two worried best friends flanking her left side and an even more worried girlfriend on her right.

"Does someone want to tell me why you're all looking at Clarke like there's a bomb attached to her body and one wrong movement will set the entire world on fire?"

Raven looks expectantly over at Octavia, whom in turn focuses her gaze on Lexa, urging her to speak up. They had managed to discreetly take Clarke home in Octavia's car after sprinkling her face with cold water and barely waking her up, all three concluding that she'd appreciate it if there was less attention trained on her as it would mean less worry poised on her mother.

"Alright.. Clarke? Is there anything you have to say to me?"

Abbey reaffirms when no one budges.

Clarke shakes her head before silently trudging upstairs to her bedroom, feet and actions monotone in movement. She can't think. Well, she can, but she's too afraid to. Too afraid of the... the sounds to come back.

"Hello ma'am, I'm-"

"Now's not a good time for that," Raven pulls back Octavia's outstretched arm, slowly guiding her away from Abbey, looking expectantly at Lexa. She internally decides to walk Octavia home since it wasn't very far.. and because she doesn't want to interfere. Now that Lexa and Clarke are an actual thing, as humbly celebrated in the Griffin household the previous weekend, Raven is aware of the shift that will occur within their relationships. It is no longer just her and Clarke, as it has been for so long. And though they're best friends and practically sisters, she knows there's added weight in being someone's partner, or babe, or "bae"(as people like to say these days). Or just whatever label seems right to describe an intimate relationship like Lexa and Clarke's.

"I have no idea what happened Abbey. She," Lexa gulps out when they're alone, wringing her fingers together, "Clarke said she needed to use the bathroom. But she doesn't like using the one in the cafeteria because its disgusting so she used the one right outside of it, near the fire exit in the east wing. Whoever did this must've known what they were doing, must've somehow seized that small detail about Clarke to be able to corner her in such a vulnerable spot."

"How did you find her?"

"She was curled up. Into a ball, her hands covering her ears. And she was shaking too, Raven said it was a-"

"Panic attack. She hasn't one since she was 10."

"...What caused it?"

"High-pitched sounds. Not, like music or anything like that, these sounds affect her a lot differently. Clarke is very sensitive to them. We were at a carnival when it last happened. Someone had finally gotten it to the top, that game where you hit as hard as you can with a sledgehammer or something? The whole machine started going berserk and, in turn, she went into a panic attack. I never took her back since."