1 - Magical Forest Eyes

Ask yourself: Is it worth bowing down to those who won't matter in a few years?

"But Claaarke! Are you sure they can be together?"

"What? Two girl barbies? Of course silly!"

"Daddy says it's an abom.. aboomtion? Abomnation?"

"...Aboomtion sounds about right" Clarke answers, face scrunched up in confusion. Looking up into the her eyes for the first time, she's suddenly lost in a forest with rich shades of green touched with specks of blue and the smallest hint of gold. She's wading, soaring in it and its the weirdest feeling.

"You have very nice eyes."

The little girl giggles, and mutters a shy 'thank you'.

"What's your name? You know mine, but I don't know yours."

"Oh! Sorry" she giggles again, "I'm-"

"WE GOTTA GO HONEY! Your fathers here!"

Eyes widening, she frantically stands, nearly toppling over in the sandbox.

"Daddy gets mad if I keep him waiting, maybe we see each other again?"

"I hope so" Clarke eagerly nods. Waving goodbye, she watches as the other girl hurriedly runs to her mom.

"You're going to take a looong bath once you get home pumpkin" Abbey says, carrying her.

Clarke simply allows to be picked up, eyes still transfixed on the girl with the magical forest eyes. As if sensing her gaze, she turns around to look at Clarke, cracking a toothy grin at the new friend she's made.

"Daddy's in a bad mood again honey, be good okay?"

Grin fading, she nods and gets the feeling the friendship won't last. Just like all the others before.

-

"Everybody wanna steal my girl, everybody wanna take her heart away.."

"Couple billion in the whole wide world, find another one cause she belongs to meeEEEE!"

Clarke covers her ears at Raven's shrill voice, frowning.

"Don't ever try hitting Zayn's high notes again. Spare everyone's ears."

 "I am offended" Raven gasps, hand clasped over her chest in offense.

"Gah, I can't wait until high schools over. Just one more year. One. More. Freaking. Year."

"You know, you really shouldn't be in such a rush for all this to be over. It's supposed to be the best years  of our life!" Raven exclaims, throwing her hands up in the air. 

Clarke scoffs at the ridiculous saying, the words "high school" and "wonderful" really shouldn't be in the same sentence. Clarke and Raven had gotten in trouble for sleeping during their physics class and now, crouched under the narrow tables of the cafeteria scrubbing gum off the undersides, the two are really starting to regret staying up late binge watching The Walking Dead.