Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I took a sip of my drink as I watched couples dancing, people chatting, and the children running around. How could my life change so fast in a just a day? When Gabe left me there standing on the grass crying, I thought he wasn’t going to come back. After our fallout that day when he moved, I thought I wasn’t going to see him again.

Well there he was dancing with some other girl that was not me while I sat at the table and moped around. What a bastard! He didn't even come up to me even once during the whole ceremony just to say at least a ‘hi’.

“Scar, are you okay?” Daria sat down next to me. I watched as she untied her hair and had let her dark locks run loose down her back.

I nodded my head not wanting to speak. I was very furious with him, he deserved to be punished by me. But to tell you the truth, I didn't want to hurt him nor embarrass myself in front of his whole family. I had to forgive and forget if I wanted him back into my life.

“Don’t be upset be happy! I know my brother is such an asshole, but he’ll get over it. It has already been what three months since he left? Besides the two of you will be back to the lovey-dovey couple you guys were.” Daria stated as she pulled up her strapless wedding dress.

I didn’t know whether I wanted to believe her or not. Gabe is a harsh guy who just sometimes doesn’t understand women. He thinks that if he hurts their feelings that later they’ll come back running to him. Yeah right! Face reality Gabe! We are not like that! Ever! Well not the strong women anyway.

“I am happy. I am happy for you and Alex. It’s just that he is here, that’s all.” I had finally let out, and then took another sip of my alcoholic drink.

I very much needed it, thank you very much.

She sighed and played with the expensive forks on the table.  “Okay. Do you want me to talk to him?”

I shook my head and looked over his way. Which was a huge mistake. We locked eyes for a couple of seconds and then he just turned away from my gaze. A tear finally danced it’s way down my cheek, but I shook it off.

“Okay. I am here for you though, remember that! You’re my best friend, and I don’t want to see my best friend be hurt over some douche bag.” Daria let out a smile, patted my hand gently, and walked away.

That day I drank more than I had ever did in my entire existence, so my bladder was bursting. I didn’t want to walk past Gabe and let him see how upset I was. Again, I wanted him to see how strong of a young woman I am! Whatever, I sucked it up anyways.

I proceeded to get up slowly, taking my time so Gabe could walk further away from me. My purple strapless dress flew down below my waist as the wind brushed past me. The warm summer air blew my dark hair lightly as I made my way towards the ladies room.  Ugh damn it! Gabe was still there, with his arm wrapped around his stupid date’s waist. I had thought he wouldn't notice me as he talked to his Uncle. So I decided to keep going.

I walked a little faster than my normal pace as I passed Gabe. Thank God I got it over with! As I twirled into the bathroom (not really), I could feel a pair of eyes watching me. Stupid Gabe!

After using the bathroom, I washed my hands and then dried them.

“Why the hell are you here?” A husky voice asked behind me.

Oh no, Gabe. What an asshole! How dare he curse at me in the ladies room. And how dare he walk in there, he wasn't supposed to be there or even at the wedding.