Chapter 11 : The Indie Band

edited

Andrew POV

Amber quickly pulled away and looked down at her feet. I stood there, speechless. I coughed to get her attention and she spoke up.

"I'm sorry, that shouldn't have happened. Yeah.. uhm, sorry, bye." Before I could even say anything back, she walked off and saw herself out of the house. What was that? Did she like me or was that just something that randomly happened? I really don't know. 

***

I walked into work as my boss called me in because someone called in sick. About 10 minutes after getting started, I get a customer. A pretty blonde who looked about the same age as Amber, give or take a few years. She strolled over to the counter and smiled. She seemed oddly familiar. She was quite short and had dirty blonde hair. Her hair wasn't natural, you could tell.

"One caramel mocha please." She said, a greek hint to her accent. I nodded.

"Any cream or marshmallows?" I asked. She pulled a disgusted face and shook her head. Whilst making it, she coughes.

"Hey, you seem awfully familiar." She said. I pulled a confused look. I was thinking the exact same thing. I handed her the mocha and she smiled sweetly again. "I met you at a party a couple nights ago, didn't I?" She asked. I scrunched up my face in dismay. She was the girl whose bedroom I woke up in. "You were drunk, you passed out in my room," She started. Oh shoot. My eyes widened in horror. "Don't worry! Nothing happened. I was completely sober that night." She explained. I let out a breath of relief and she giggled. "Hey, would you like to go out again some time? My brother's band is playing at the irish bar tonight ." She asked, I smiled at her weakly.

"Thanks but I'm not really in the mood for music." I lied. Really I wasn't in the mood for girls.

"Oh come on Andrew. We had fun the other night, didn't we?" She begged. I rolled my eyes. She really wouldn't let this go would she?

"What type of music do they play?" I asked.

"Mostly indie, they throw in a bit of rock though. So you in or not?" She asked, confidently. I internally groaned. Indie music did sound good tonight. I finally gave in.

"Alright, I'll meet you outside the bar on Saturday." I said.

"It's a date!" My eyes widened. A date? Maybe that was okay, maybe it wasn't. She smiled and started to walk away, taking her mocha with her. I quickly chased after her and caught up to her by the door.

"I forgot to ask you the most important question." I said, grabbing her arm and twisting her to face me. She raised a brow. "Your name?" I asked. As embarassing as it sounded, I still didn't have a clue what this blonde chick's name was. She giggled again, a very annoying giggle.

"Natasha Pestiou. You really don't remember much from that night do you, Andrew?" She asked, I laughed and shook my head. She then left the shop.

Amber POV

I was so glad I got called into work tonight to cover for my work friend Summer. She had to go visit her sister in hospital who was about to have a baby, bless her. Work usually took my mind off things now a days. Except for the other night when Mason came to break up with me.

Tonight an indie band was playing and it was expected to be busy. But none of that bothered me, it a meant free night of music and indie was my favourite genre. The band got here early and started to set up. I stood at the bar drying a few glasses and placed them on the shelf. Then a young, blonde woman walked in and sat at the bar.

"Hey can I have a vodka please?" She asked. I smiled sweetly and handed her the glass of vodka. "Thanks," she squinted at my name badge to try read it. "Amber!" I nodded.