Chapter 10 : Charlie St. Cloud

edited

Amber POV

I turned away and looked at the wall, trying my hardest to avoid Andrew's confused stare. Andrew should've never found out about this. I was hoping someone poor found the ring and sold it, not Andrew. Now I had a whole lot of explaining to do. He sat himself on the sofa next to me and stared sympathetically, yet still confused, at me until and turned to face him. I glared.

"What happened?" He asked. I picked up my phone and pretended to text to avoid talking to him. He took the phone off me and I looked at him. We had practically a staring contest until I gave in with a loud sigh.

"Shall I start from the beginning?" I asked. He nodded.

"So, me and Mason met in college. We were good friends and then one night, it changed. We turned into more than friends. We were together 4 years and then he popped the question. A couple years later, he 'died'. He was a police detective and died in a hospital because he was shot. He told me the day before he died that we'd stay together forever, till death do us part. We never got married, but I kept that promise. For years I've not been interested in any guys, that's why I rejected you and Josh. Then the other day, he came to me. He told me he was forced to fake his death so he could be put in witness protection. Then he said he found another woman in witness protection. When the person he was being protected from died, the first thing he wanted to do was find me. To break up with me. He was well aware that he practically cheated on me, but still went ahead and acted calm about it. So whe I got home, I threw the ring out of the window that I've had stored for years." I explained. I held back the tears that threatened to fall, but failed at doing so. Andrew let me lean on his shoulder and he held me there.

I pulled away after a while and wiped my tears away with my sleeves.

"I feel so stupid. If I'd have known about Mason I wouldn't have been so insensitive about you rejecting me. I'm so sorry." He said, with that he pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry too, for keeping this from you and for breaking your heart." I apologised back. He pulled away and held me infront of him.

"You didn't break my heart. You made me realise that I should've just have given you some space. Not keep pestering you." He explained. I smiled and he smiled back at me.

"I shouldn't have been so rude with you. We could've just been friends. But I had to push you away. I don't know why I did, I just did," I explained. He smiled. "Can we be friends now? Though?" I asked. He pulled me into another hug. Not that I was complaining, his hugs were amazing.

"Of course." He murmured into my neck. I smiled. Finally. No more of this silly blanking and ignoring.

Kate POV

The next day, I woke up. Utterly echausted. I had a dream about Miguel. We were dancing together. Then we, we, we KISSED. I woke up panting when that happened. I could not fall for him. I couldn't. I wouldn't. I shouldn't. I didn't want to. Or did I? I shook my head. Of course I didn't. 

I stared at the ceiling for a while. How long did he have to be here for? I couldn't sleep with him being here. He invaded my dreams. Ugh I hated him. He destroyed my shop and claimed he was 'broke'. But then expected me to accomodate for him whilst he fixed up the shop. Ugh.

I jumped out of bed and grabbed a towel. I suppose a shower could relieve me of this stress and make me see reality. I slowly strolled out of my room and opened the bathroom door. Locked. 

"Could you hurry up? I need a shower!" I yelled. Half expecting it to be Amber, out walzted Miguel half naked with a towel wrapped around his waist. I gasped at his naked form. "I said you could sleep here, not use up my water to clean yourself." I snapped. I stopped glaring and notice his toned body. Oh my. Not only was his face gorgous, but so was his torso. It was so tempting to run my hand up his torso and feel the hardness of each ab. I could even plant a million kisses on his chest. His body was just, perfection.