e i g h t

Has any of you guys seen the Daz video where he reacts to fake love and he's like 'Is he wearing a straitjacket? Is he that talented that they have to strap him to his shirt?' It's not as funny as when he reacts to BS&T but it still made me laugh

|Eight|

Hours later, Raphael returned home, exhausted from his meeting with the Fates. His fatigued facial expression said it all - the Fates were very unhelpful in providing answers to Raphael's questions and probably kept tight0lipped over the whole scenario. 

It was likely that they didn't care that I was confused. Presumably, they didn't care that my heart was on the line. Yet Raphael also looked benumb, as if the Fates not caring surprised him. Raphael had entered the Dome alone. The other archangels must have gone somewhere else to cool down after a presumably tiring audio call. I didn't need to tell Raphael. He noticed something was wrong straight away. It was all rather obvious anyway; my eyes were stained red from the excessive crying. 

"Oh Charmeine," Raphael had murmured, rubbing soothing circles into her back as he knelt down beside her. "What happened?"

"Lucifer," Charmeine had murmured, rubbing soothing circles into my back as he knelt down beside me. "What happened?"

"Lucifer." I had muttered, not bothering to go into detail before I jumped from the sofa and ran to my room leaving Raphael confused as ever wondering what that Devil had done now. What hadn't he done? 

I slept the rest of the day yesterday and ended up skipping all meals. I wasn't hungry. I didn't feel the burn of my body needing energy. Instead,  I felt the burn of my upset stomach. One wrong thought and I would be rushing to the bathroom and emptying acid into the toilet.  Less than two weeks had passed since our first encounter yet Lucifer was already causing me to develop bad eating habits. 

Nobody was in the kitchen when I arrived downstairs. But there was a hot plate of fried egg and toast left aside on the counter indicating that Raphael had just gone out. The caring thought broke a smile out of my cracked lips. 

I have to visit Lucifer today otherwise the Fates wouldn't be happy. Not that I really cared what they thought. I was beginning to develop a sense of nonchalance around them. I didn't know if I was allowed days off but at the rate that the Fates were recycling the destiny - it seemed they were in a hurry for it to finished.

I sat and ate my breakfast slowly, not in any hurry to visit Lucifer.  After yesterdays events I never wanted to return when he was in the process of torturing. He should have put a sign up. It could have read something like this: