"You're back," Lucifer said, his voice as soft and diapason as ever. He brought his hand down from his chin, placing the blade on the soft-threaded towel next to him. "I wasn't expecting you so soon."

Neither was I. But life is full of surprises, isn't it?

"You weren't?"

"Nope." Lucifer shook his head and folded over his arms, the defined muscles rippling as he moved. "The shade of your cheeks when you ran out was enough to tell me you were deeply embarrassed. Assumed I wouldn't see you for at least another week. It's pretty though, your blush. Like an autumnal sunset - rich in pinks and reds."

I bit down hard on my inner cheek to stop the scenic scene from painting itself across my face. "You caught me off guard. That's all there was too it."

"Oh really?" Lucifer almost mewled, the instrument in his throat soaring in a devilious tune. His eyes brightened from the inner star of mischief and Lucifer left a strong pause to ignite his hidden meaning. "It wouldn't matter either way because if you were to sin, you wouldn't have to travel very far to repent."

My cheeks betrayed me. They heated up hot, burning at the memory of Lucifer's words. He wasn't able to let me visit without embarrassing me.

"Uh," I trailed, wracking my brain for anything that would act as a Segway out of this conversation. "You have a nice room!" I blurted out loud. "Could use a bit of colour though."

Lucifer raised an eyebrow bemused.  "Really? Nice room?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Why so much black?"

"Because it matches my soul."

I laughed. "How cliche."

"Oh really? Cliche, are they? Let me guess the colour of your bedroom walls then. Hm, are they the colour of purity, innocence perhaps? Am I close? Have I hit the nail on its head?"

"I didn't choose the colour of my walls Lucifer."

"You're avoiding the question."

"And you're irritating."

"And you're acting like you are seven. What was that comeback?"

"Whatever. I don't remember painting my walls. For all I know, I could have wanted them orange."

"Here," Lucifer said, holding his open palm out for me, the razer resting on the skin.

The blade felt heavier in my own palm. It was drenched with power and trust. But was it a bluff?

"You're trusting me with a blade?"

"You're not giving me a reason not too, " Lucifer replied, tilting his head back to open up the space. I took a slow step forward to stand in the gap between his knees. I didn't get the chance to make the first stroke before Lucifer's arms had dived under my legs to pull me onto his lap in such skilled manner that I now straddled him.

"Somebody is eager," I said with a coy smile, resting my hand on Lucifer's jawline as I used the other to make the first cut. I trained my focus to his defined jaw and his neck, refusing myself the sneak peek of what was on open display below. I couldn't do that to myself, not so soon.