BokuAka

The ice beneath his feet crumbled as he walked toward the volleyball gym. His hands were frozen, his toes numb.
It didn't help at all that his heart was throbbing heavily against his chest, faster and faster the closer he got to the door.
This was the day... the day he had planned to ask the love of his life out on a date. He moved his hands up to his hair and pulled the strands upwards, hoping that it looked okay.
'You can do this Bokuto...' he told himself and bit his lower lip while the butterflies in his stomach returned.
'It's now or never'. 
His cold hand held tightly to the door handle while he pushed it open, revealing a glowing gym court and a few volleyballs jumping around.
His teammates from Fukurodani were all playing and practicing with each other.
Bokuto moved himself toward a bench and sat down while eyeing the court, searching for a particular setter, who... was nowhere to be seen.
His eyebrows tightened together as the realization hit him. Akaashi hadn't arrived yet.
His lips formed into a smile as he sat up and stretched.
He wouldn't need to confess his feelings yet. His golden orbs turned into big golden balls of excitement.
He opened his mouth and shouted "It's time to play!!!"

"Yes, it is" someone else said.

He immediately jumped around and came eye to eye with blue green eyes, dark short hair that shimmered in the light from the ceiling and the moon from outside.

"A-Akaashi?!!?!" He screamed, jumping backwards.

The other boy simply nodded before grabbing a volleyball passing and tossing it to someone else.s time to play!!!"
"Yes, it is" someone else said.
He immediately jumped around and came eye to eye with blue green eyes, dark short hair that shimmered in the light from the ceiling and the moon from outside.
"A-Akaashi?!!?!" He screamed, jumping backwards.
The other boy simply nodded before grabbing a volleyball passing and tossing it to someone else.

"W-where were you?"
"At a location called 'the bathroom'"
"Oh"

Bokuto's head dropped. He couldn't confess to Akaashi, if he did he's best friend would probably never talk to him anymore.
"I-" he began, but his voice cracked as a lump formed in his throat.
His best friend had raised a curious brow while he waited for the ace to finish his uncompleted sentence.
"Hey!! You wanna' practice together?!" He shouted and pointed toward the net, desperately trying to change the uncomfortable atmosphere.
"Yeah, sure" Akaashi's monotone voice echoed through the gym.

Before nether of them could say another word Bokuto ran toward the net and jumped up and down. Akaashi waited a few seconds before fetching a volleyball.
And so they practiced. Akaashi setting the ball, and Bokuto hitting it across the floor. Later, more teammates came to join.

And at the end of the day, Bokuto never got to tell Akaashi his feelings. He felt ashamed of himself, but there is always another day for him to tell his best friend about the love Bokuto was harboring for him.
They walked out of the gym and toward the school gate, on their way home.
As they neared Bokuto squinted his eyes toward the gate. A female stood there. She was slender and short, with dark brown hair cascading down her back.
When her eyes moved up and caught Akaashi, they widened and revealed a beautiful pair of emerald green.
Who was she?
They both stopped as Akaashi noticed the girl.
He didn't say anything.

"A-Akaashi-kun!" She shouted, but moved her hand up to cover her mouth when she realized it.
The dark haired male only nodded.
"Well, you see... I-" her eyes darted toward Bokuto and stopped, clearly embarrassed.
"Oh, go on" bokuto hummed amused to himself as he grinned.

The short female nodded determined to herself and refocused her stare at the confused setter.
"I have been watching you for a few months now... and- and I think I love you" she muttered.
Bokuto stilled.
Akaashi sighed.
"And... and I..."
"You what?" Akaashi interrupted her. He was apparently in a rather grumpy mood, he never acted rude when rejecting someone.
Her head fell and her shoulders shook.
The setter moved forward a gently held one of her shoulders while smiling down at her.
"You look like a really nice girl and will definitely find someone, but I am in a relationship" Akaashi moved his gaze and looked at a surprised Bokuto.
The dark haired boy then whispered "Someone that I care for a lot".

The girl nodded, then ran off in the opposite direction. A few tears had fallen down her red cheek, but she looked relieved at the same time. 

"Let's go" akaashi said and prepared to continue his walk home.Bokuto followed shortly after.
"Hey, what was that about, You have a girlfriend?" The owl person nervously asked.
Akaashi sighed, "you idiot".
"Hey! I just got back last weeks test and it went by brilliantly! I nearly passed!"
'A cute idiot'

A/N: that was it. Hope you liked it! Not sure about who the next couple will be, probably Oikawa x Iwaizumi. See you until next time!