Restarting Life

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I repeated, replying to the constant ringing of the doorbell, rushing towards the door.

I was shocked to see Pratik standing outside. His tensed face somewhat relaxed when he saw me.

"Pratik? How come you are here.. So early in the morning?"

He just came inside and wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. "Thank God you're fine Riya! I was so tensed"

"Tensed? but why? What happened "

"You havent picked up any of my calls since last night. You dint even reply to my messages. I got so worried you know"

I snapped back a little, breaking the hug, "But I dint receive any of your calls or messages."

"What? What are saying? Hows that possible!" He exclaimed.

"Aree.. I'm sure. Wait I'll show you my mobile. It hasnt even rung since last night." I began searching for my mobile here and there, jumping from living room to bedroom and every possible place where I could've kept it. Suddenly, realization dawned upon me, "Oopss! I guess I've forgotten my phone in the car itself." I banged my hand on my forehead.

"Ohh God! And here I was so scared, thinking that you would still be upset, about last night"

Something pricked my heart when he mentioned about last night. Coming closer to me, he cupped my face with his hand. "Riya..I.. I know I've hurt you a lot. But I..I promise... I...." I put my hand on his mouth.

"Pratik, please .. Lets not talk anything about last night. I just want to erase it from my memory, like a bad dream. Please?" He took my hand in his, and softly kissing it, he gave me an assuring smile.

I wrapped my hands around his neck, settling in his arms, wanting to forget everything else around me. He too, wrapped his hands securely around my waist, but all of a sudden, he snapped back. 

I gave him a confused look, "What happened?"

"Riya.. We're standing in the living room itself. What if somebody comes and sees us like this" 

The sweet and innocent way he said this, made me chuckle. I purposely again put my hands around his neck, and he again snapped back, looking left and right to ensure nobody is coming.

I couldnt control my laughter any more. I pinched his cheeks playfully "Awww Pratik, you're toooo cute. There's nobody at home baby. I'm alone."

His face finally relaxed and lips curved into a smile, a gorgeous one.

Putting his hands around my waist, he said "Riya.. 1 more thing. I have a surprise for you today evening. So be ready by 6. OK? I'll come to pick you up."

The thought of again going with him, made me happy, But what made me most happiest is that he had planned something for me today.

"Surprise?? Woow.. where are we gonna go today?" I'm sure I sounded pretty much excited.

"That you shall know in the evening." He winked, and handed me a bag which he had got with him. "And I want you to wear this today."

My eyes widened with excitement! Now this is just tooo much happiness for me to digest. I mean, Pratik, my Pratik, have bought a dress for me today! I can't ask for anything more now. 

I again went to him and wrapped him in a tight hug. There's nothing more in the world that I want now. Coz my whole world is in my arms right now.

"Ok then, I'll leave now. See you in the evening." Putting a hand on my cheeks, he leaned in to kiss my forehead. Then turned around and left.