New Beginnings

*Pratik's POV*

Its been a week since then and I'm still battling inside my head, whether to tell Riya about Tamanna or not. On one hand, I did not want to start my new relation on the basis of a lie, and on the other hand, I was scared how Riya would react to it. She could even call off the engagement. Not that it would hurt me, but it would hurt her more. Also, it would definitely come as a blow to my family. Moreover, my family esteem was at stake too.

My mom and my younger sister Sneha were cleaning the whole house that day because after two days, there is a small function at home. Riya was going to come to her 'sasural' for the first time and my family wanted to celebrate her home-coming.

While cleaning my bedroom, Sneha came across a gift-wrapped box from my shelf. She showed it to me, asking whose it was.

Oh shit! I had totally forgotton about the gift Riya gave me that day. I hadnt still opened it.

"What?!! Bhabhi gave you this gift? Woow.. How romantic bro. Lets see whats there in this". Sneha seemed so excited to open it. I didnt mind it, but mom did. She took the box from her and handed it over to me, much against Sneha's wishes. She then dragged her out of the room. Poor girl.

I opened the gift. It was a beautiful little white teddy bear, holding a red heart at the center, which had the message, "Forever Yours". Something stung deep in my heart. Maybe it was my own guilt.

This is it! I cant hurt this girl for whom I had become the center of her world. There is no point in digging the past and spoiling the future. I decided to bury my most cherished memories somewhere deep down in my heart. And move on in life.

"Heyy sweety... whats my baby doing?" she said in her ever-so-bubbly tone, picking my call. With daily calls and messages, she was now more comfortable with me.

"I want to meet you, today itself"

"What? ..Today?.. but suddenly?? What happened?? Everything Ok naa baby?"

I assured her that everything was fine and I just wanted to see her. We decided to meet up at the Alpha Mall at 5pm. I actually wanted to buy her some dresses, or anything that she wanted, just to make her happy.

When I reached there, Riya had already arrived before me. When she saw me, she came rushing in my direction and gave me a warm hug.

"A gift?? Again! Now what is this for?" I was amused that today too, she got me a gift.

"Ermm.. lets say its the 'Glad-to-see-you-again' gift" She said in her signature bubbly tone.

We kept roaming in the mall for more than an hour, in which she tried n number of clothes from almost every shop, and of course.. in the end, didnt buy any! Girls... I tell you!! I never understand what is so difficult in selecting a dress for yourself! I myself selected some 3 tops from the lot and bought them, not to mention Riya was still confused about them. I also wanted to take her to the gaming section, but now it was too late for it. We directly went to the PizzaHut outlet.

It was still 8pm, that meant we still had some time left. I asked her if she wanted to go to the beach, to which she readily agreed.

Today there wasnt much crowd at the beach, as it is a weekday. She again wanted to go into the water but I held her hand and took her to a nearby bench. We sat there and she started looking at me with twinkling eyes.

"You made my day sooo sooo special today. Thanks for everything." She took my hand into hers and kissed it softly. Seeing her happy, made me smile. I did not say anything, just stared at her and smiled. 

"I love you jaan!" She said all of a sudden, and then blushed and looked away from me.

I did not know what to answer. Yes, I was trying to accept her, but LOVE??