Chapter 8

So here I am, ill and bringing you a chapter update.

Chapter 8

~~~

~Elijah Pov~

~Flash Back~

Candlelight lit the small room, glowing softly on to the documents that lay before me. My eyes graze over the words before me.

There was nothing about Athena's Titan form or how she came across the peculiar gift but there was information regarding her father.

It mentioned a name, a recognisable one too.

'He doesn't know of course; he doesn't know that Athena is his daughter...'

Why would Helene keep this from him and the fact he was her father?

Commander Erwin Smith was Athena's father.

~Present Day~

~Athena Pov~

Today was just like any other day, we trained, practised and got stronger...well at least everyone else did. I was still going along with my 'looking weak' plan which I had surprisingly pulled off. No one expected a thing, not even Eren, Armin and Mikasa. Yet I remained in the training camp because I wasn't the weakest and most helpless cadet there was.

However, there was some downsides to this plan of mine, them mostly being Jean bullying me and trying to scare me away from the training camp. It wasn't like I posed any threat to him in my current form but I guess he still feared the fact that I had once managed to beat him in hand to hand combat.

"Oi, Amelia! Still wasting your time in training to be a soldier, sorry to disappoint you but they don't accept failures and weaklings. You're better off in the fields like the rest of the cowards." Jean snidely says whilst pushing me back and making me fall to the ground. "You don't belong here child, you're just a weak, unwanted nuisance." He continues, leaning over me as he raises his fist to punch me.

Closing my eyes, I wait for the hit to come but it never did. Timidly I open my eyes to see Annie clutching his wrist, applying pressure to it and making him cry in pain.

"A-Annie stop, you're hurting him" I say to her but she doesn't pay attention to me, instead she just glares at Jean.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was wrong to hit a girl. If you ever be horrible to Amelia again I won't hesitate to end your life Horseface." Annie says in a menacingly low tone of voice before letting go of his wrist and watching him run away in fear.

Annie slowly turns to me, her eyes softer than they were before. She bends down to me, her arm out stretched as she helps me off of the floor.

"You need to stand up for yourself more Amelia or people will walk all over you and you know I won't be there all time to protect you." She says to me making me hang my head in shame.

"I am sorry Annie. I just don't want to hurt anyone." I answer her, rubbing my forearm nervously as she shakes her head disapprovingly.

"The only person you are going to hurt is yourself. You need to fight for yourself more, especially if you want to pass training." She tells me as she grabs my shoulders to look at me. "Sometimes you have to put yourself first and be selfish, if people hate you because of then let them. What matters is that you are okay." She continued on before she pulls away from me.

"But Annie, sometimes you have to sacrifice your own needs for those around you, even if it means you don't live anymore." I try to persuade her, making her smile slightly and shake her head more.