Welcome home party

Start from the beginning

He seemed to notice it as well and headed over to the bar table and grabbed a beer.

Caroline was the perfect host, welcoming the guests with hugs and a smile.

I tried to talk to her when we happened to have the kitchen to ourselves for a little while.

"Are you okay?"

She did her best to put on the party smile, but gave up and admitted. "Not completely. Not since my boyfriend almost killed me, just because his sire Klaus told him too."

"What?" This was information I had missed.

"I'm having a bit of trust issues on his part since then," she said, before she put on her characteristic brave smile on. "But I promised myself I was not going to let that ruin this party, so cheers!" she added and raised her plastic cup.

I did the same. "Cheers, and thanks for a great party!" We both smiled and got back to the party mentioned.

I don't really remember how many drinks into the party we were, when I felt someone sniffing me and I heard a voice next to my ear. "Mouth-watering..." I would have recognised Klaus voice anywhere.

I spun around and found myself way to close to the guy. "What are you doing here, Claws? I don't remember any of us inviting you..."

He just laughed. "Oh I need no invitation to get in this house." His whole face lit up when he smiled and he had the cutest dimples. What? Why would I think of his dimples?

"Klaus." Damon was instantly by my side.

Klaus just smiled at him. "No need for alarm now. I was just having some fun the other day, no harm in that," he said mischievously. "But I found out some interesting things that's been going on in your house," he added and the smile was gone in an instant and his dead serious look was on, as he took a step closer to Damon. "When were you planning on telling me?"

I put my hand on his chest. "Klaus..."

He looked down on my hand, and then his face started to smile again. "You're not trying to feel me up are you?"

I don't think I have ever removed my hand that fast before.

"Did you bring your sister?" I asked to take my mind on something else.

"No, unfortunately not, she wanted to reconnect to our brothers and sister." His tone was a little sour. "They don't seem to appreciate The Black Keys," he said and nodded to the people who were dancing to their song 'Next Girl'.

"I wonder why? It's not like they have been robbed of the last 400 years or so?"

Yes I know I was a bit too cocky, only human and all. But he seemed to always get the worst out of me, him and his cute dimples and deep blue gorgeous eyes.

He just looked at me with his eyes squeezed together and then his eyes turned to Damon. "Would you please teach her some manners, or I will be forced to take action." His eyes went back to me. "I think I will start with the fangs."

"Well, you have already started with the claw, Clauws!"

"Oh, okay, let's go see if we can find something with a little less alcohol to hydrate you with." Damon put an arm around my neck and dragged me along sideways as I glared at Klaus.

It was somewhat an hour later I thought I saw Caroline coming in through the front door with Klaus. They smiled at each other such a special smile it almost made me a bit jealous.

Stupid, why would I be jealous?

"Are you drunk enough?" Lexi had a smile on her face, a couple of shots in her hands and wickedness glittered in her eyes.

"Oh well, it's a party." I smiled foolish, took one of the shots as I tried to steady myself.

My mind couldn't help thinking of it as my going away party. I tried to remember what day it was but stopped when I realised I had maybe just a day or two left before it was time for my flight home. I did not want to think about that.

"Come on, let's dance!" I grabbed her hand and headed for the dancing crowd in the parlour.

She just laughed and came dancing with me.

Half an hour later I needed to find the little girls room and I stumbled away. The one downstairs was taken so I got up the stairs on my way to Damon's room. That was when I noticed a couple on the stairs up to the attic.

Caroline and Klaus.

It was dark and I did my best to look like I hadn't noticed them, but I had definitely seen them kiss.

Wait a minute, What?!

When I got out of the bathroom I walked straight into Klaus.

"Oh, not you again!" I muttered.

"Don't you realise I can snap you like a twig?" His face was hard and he had me pressed up against the wall in an instant.

"Yes, but I know things..." was all I could squeeze out with my lungs pressed tight together and with my slightly increased blood alcohol level.

His face got a little amazed look and I couldn't help my eyes flickered to his full lips. Somehow I knew he was a good kisser. Why did I have to know that?

"I helped put a stop to this spying..." I said and made it clear that I was having a great deal of problem breathing.

His grip on me eased up a little, but his eyes did not.

"I'm merely human." My tone could have been a little bitter.

"Exactly..."

We were looking intensely at each other. "Well, I can fix that." His looks grew wicked and he smiled that devilish smile of his, that made those cute dimples appear again. Why did he have to be so cute? I already had my drop dead gorgeous male model of a boyfriend, and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Well I will be gone anyway, you don't have to worry about me." my defiant tone was gone and I could hear the despair as I finally committed to myself that I had only a couple of days left before I returned to Sweden.

My dream life was over...

Both our looks changed into a puzzled stares as we observed each other.

"Why did you help get rid of the cameras and remove your leverage?"

What? I didn't really understand the awed tone in his voice.

"It was wrong." even though I would be watching my DVD:s from the first season over and over and probably weeping as a child when I had got home to Sweden. What would I tell my friend Anna?

He kept looking at me intensely until I heard footsteps getting close. In a split second he was gone and I saw Damon's glorious face before me.

"Hi baby, where did you go?" he smiled his honest and caring smile; the one that I hadn't seen that much on TV.

"Just a bathroom break..." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. I wasn't going to tell him anything about my conversation with Klaus.

I looked at him with my slightly dazed eyes. "Take me to bed, or loose me forever."

"As you wish, Miss Palm." he said courteously, but grinned his wickedly grin with the crocked eyebrows and I knew this was going to be a special night. I shivered as he wrapped me in his arms and carried me to the bedroom while the party was still pumping downstairs. He was mine and nobody else mattered as we locked the door and was soon naked in bed.

~~ Authors Note ~~

Hope you all like it.

Thank you NaomiNomeoCowan for your encouraging comments.

...the end is near, though... All good things must come to an end...

Unfortunately...