Guess who

Written 2012 by VeGirl

~ ~ Authors note ~ ~

I'm back now from a week in Egypt; snorkling in the Red Sea. Amazing!
Thank you all for your patience, It was really nice to see that over 1000 watt-paders has found and read my story. I'm always grateful for votes and comments. Here comes more twists...
Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Luckily this was a big house, with lots of bedrooms and it wasn't any problem to lodge everybody in. At least that's what I imagined happened, since everyone were still in the house when we got downstairs the morning after. It felt a bit awkward though; spending the night together, with all those conflicts going on between the guys. I guess Elena didn't sleep well at all; she had black circles under her eyes the following morning.
I sat in the parlour with Damon by my side as I now had gotten used to and glared a little at the glasses of blood people were sipping around us, when the door opened and Katherine walked in.
"Ever heard of knocking?" Damon slapped down.

"I told you I was coming," she answered with a confident smile and Damon smirked. I realized that they could have conversations I would never hear even if I was right next to Damon. A sting of jealousy pained me and I reminded myself that I was the one who didn't belong here.

I heard footsteps down the hallway who abruptly stopped. "Katerina?" Elijah breathed stunned with an eastern European accent.

Katherine spun around and looked at him with huge eyes and almost blushed. "My L..."

Was she about to call him My Lord? Or was that My Love? I wondered and searched my mind for the last time I had seen them together on my TV.

"Elijah," Katherine said respectfully and looked like she was about to curtsy. We all stared at her as if she was a complete stranger.

"I have not seen you since..." Elijah's voice was filled with pain. They kept looking at each other.

"Katerina." Klaus came walking along the hallway, Katherine whipped her head around and gasped when she realized who it was.

In an instant Elijah had twirled her around and was now standing in front of her in a very protective manner. "Niklaus," he said cold.

Klaus just smiled. "Oh, lighten up," he said irritated and walked right past them.

Katherine took a seat on the couch opposite where Damon and I sat, and I felt very self-conscious as she was curiously scrutinizing me. My skin started to crawl, but Damon found a way to distract us both.

"So if you're the first Petrova doppelganger and Elena's the second, who is the original Petrova?" He asked Katherine the question I was trying to get an answer to.

"It's... complicated." She used her usual way to dodge the matter in an attempt to avoid the subject.

"So uncomplicate it then!" Damon snorted.

Elijah sat suddenly by her side. "Maybe I can be of some assistance? Since Katerina never met her, it could be hard for her to talk about my sister."

I gasped and Damon looked like he got struck by lightning. "Sister?!"

"Tatia wasn't brought up with us, and we didn't know about her existence until we were older." Elijah shrugged. "It is complicated." We just stared at him. "She was being brought up by the witches, her being my mother's daughter, she had the powers." He smiled at our dumbstruck faces.

"So Klaus was supposed to sacrifice his own sister to become a hybrid?" I said thoughtfully.

"Yes." Klaus was suddenly by my side. I shuddered. "Tatia was my only sibling, same mother and same father."