Hungry vampires

Written 2012 by VeGirl

I didn't understand anything.

Damon pulled me along while my head started to spin almost out of control. I started to feel sick when he stopped and pushed me into a booth. On the other side of the table sat Stefan and Elena. I stared wide eyed as they looked at me, equally confused.

"Who's she?"

"This is Emma. I couldn't just leave her out there!" Damon hissed at his brother before he turned to me and took my shoulders. He could obviously tell I was about to have a seizure. "Hey Emma, look at me." He took my chin and forced me to look at him. "You need to calm down!" Amazingly enough it worked and he smiled as my breathing started to slow down. "Good girl."

"So, who is she?" Stefan asked again.

"Never you mind, little brother," Damon said dismissively. "Now, tell me again about the emergency."

"Klaus is on his way back in town. I'm afraid he's after Elena's blood once again." Stefan's voice was harsh and he held Elena's hand as we spoke.

My mind spun as I tried to figure out if I had ended up in the show. In which episode was I? Stefan was obviously no longer with Klaus, but he must have been; he seemed different, I noticed. "Klaus is on his way back?" I croaked.

"You know about Klaus?! Who are you?" Stefan's stance got very protective of Elena all of a sudden.

"My name is Emma, and I'm from Sweden," I said as my heart pounded and my mouth was getting dry. "I don't really know how I ended up here with you guys. But I... I've heard of you, and I have heard about Klaus," I stuttered.

"What did you say yesterday? From the journals? No, the Diaries," Damon corrected.

"Whose diaries?" They all looked expectantly at me. How was I supposed to explain myself now? What kind of dream was this?

"Actually, I don't really know. You haven't lost one of your diaries, have you?" I looked at all of them.

"I don't keep a journal," Damon said blunt, in a way that made me think he really did keep journals, but that was a deep, deep secret. All of us seemed to think the same, because we all kept starring at him.

"Do you have those journals?" Elena asked and I shook my head. "But you have read them?"

"Err..." How was I supposed to explain? It's actually made into a TV-show, about your lives... "It's more that I have heard about them... I don't know where they are, that's why I came here to look."

They were all quiet and started to look like I was totally insane. I was actually wondering that myself.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" Stefan finally asked.

"Oh, I would never make fun of you," I said sincerely. "I don't really understand any of this myself. All I know is, I know of you, of this place and of you guys. Please believe me," I begged.

They all looked suspiciously at me.

Damon suddenly took my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes. "Is this the truth?" he asked as his pupils widened. He was trying to compel me? Did I have my vervain necklace on? Would that really work?

"I'm telling you what I know, but up until yesterday you where only a story, a myth to me. This is too surreal," I continued, trying to process this turn of event.

They looked at me quietly for a while.

"I believe you," Elena said, and added; "I mean, who can believe vampires are real? Suddenly here they are," she said with a smile and rolled her eyes.