Welcome home party

Start from the beginning

"Come on Stef' lighten up! She's just joking, even if it is a legitimate question..."

Stefan glared at his brother. "I would never hurt Emma. I was in a lousy place last party."

"Could you please stop arguing?" Elena had her phone out and looked annoyed. We shut up.

"So what did she say?" I asked after Elena's call to Caroline.

"She just said 'Really?' " Elena revealed with a wry face and then laughed. "I actually had to convince her I wanted her to throw a party, I think that's the first time in history."

We laughed a bit and then I had to have it confirmed. "But she'll do it, right?"

"Of course!" Elena had a smug grin on her face. "I told her we'll meet her at the supermarket in ten minutes, so we better get going," she said and we were heading for the door.

"I'll come with you! I think Lexi and Stefan could use some time to catch up," Damon said and joined us. We got into his car and headed off to our rendezvous place.

Under Caroline's supervision we were soon heading back with snacks and beverages. Damon was driving while Caroline was on the phone, constantly calling and texting people in town. By the time we had reached the boarding house she had already got an impressing amount of people to show up within a couple of hours.

Lexi had booked herself one of the rooms in the house and we swung by the hotel to pick her belongings up. She and Stefan had had time to catch up; Stefan was actually smiling and laughing with her when we got back home. Yes I had really begun to think of this house as home, even though I knew I would never belong here.

Sad and pathetic? Check!

He walked straight up to Elena and kissed her on the cheek, before he helped with the bags. Caroline and I shared looks but didn't reveal that we were both jumping up and down on the inside.

Within an hour tables were set up with punch, wine and beer, along with snacks and the playlist linked to the soundsystem was loaded with party music. That was a perfect time to head for the showers.

About a half an hour later we were dressed to the teeth, no pun intended, and were all ready to have a great time together, celebrating Lexi's new birthday.

Lexi and I laughed when the two brothers made a deal about the 'no camera-phones on the dance floor' rule as the guests were pouring in.

Both of them seemed to be getting along well and they had already had a couple of bromance moments, I had noticed.

Elena came walking in and she smiled shyly at Stefan who returned it. It was like the shy smiles I had seen them exchange in the beginning of their relationship and it warmed my heart.

I glanced over to Damon who had a look that shifted between jealousy and pride. His eyes met mine and a big smile appeared on his face as he came closer and kissed me.

I knew he and Elena had shared moments together when Stefan was gone, in more ways than one, but I was ecstatic to find that he seemed to have got over it. I couldn't believe my luck.

Caroline walked into the room with Tyler and her face lit up as she saw one of her best friends share such a longed for moment. "I knew this was going to be an amazing party!" She hugged her friend.

"Yes, we had the best party planner available," Elena replied smiling.

"It's about time we all got over all of these boyfriend dramas!" Caroline said, but I noticed she didn't look lovingly at her own boyfriend.