At the End of all of this

After their sleepover, Umi and Kotori decided to spend the day together.

The first destination was the shopping district; they found a small cafe and had cheesecake for breakfast, to Kotori's delight.

The sun was shining, the streets were busy. Umi offered the ash haired girl to a shopping treat. Kotori refused only if she could treat her Umi-chan to something too.

Umi's blush and the bite of her lip was apparently a signal for Kotori to laugh and grab her hand and drag her around the different stores.

Kotori's POV

Umi-chan's hand was warm. Although her hands are calloused and strong, when she turned her hand so we were holding hands properly, they felt as soft as an alpaca's fur.

I had decided earlier looking into the sunrise that was the blue haired girl's eyes, I knew that today would be the day I would confess my feelings.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement; to say I was feeling resolute would also be an understatement. Although I am indecisive at times, I knew I had delayed this long enough. I could tell from the way Umi-chan's eyes reflect myself.

If the journey of my confession was like climbing a snowy mountain, I still wouldn't be near the peak. I didn't know how I would tell her or where. I didn't know which words to use, whether I should be direct, whether I should be elusive, to cry or to look her in the those chocolatey brown eyes with steel resolution.

If Maki-chan could write a piece about my contemplation, it would be constant chords with a repeated melody, simple but to recreate it would result in something different.

I could tell there was something in the archer's eyes this morning and yesterday evening in the park.

If these feelings I'm holding are mutual, would it make it easier or harder?

It all feels like a waterfall crashing down, not the gentle cascading but a heavy downpour, shattering the cliffs. The anticipation and the hesitation are strong, like Umi-chan, but are just as indecisive as I.

If I could look into the gold chocolate orbs I love so much, would I see a clear reflection or a refraction?

Umi's POV

Kotori's hand in mine felt blissful. It felt so perfect, a perfect fit like Cinderella's glass shoe.

The heat of my cheeks burned brighter than a thousand suns but I knew I couldn't let it get to me.

The feelings for my bird-like crush are intense and the emotions hit me like the crash of waves on rocks. I knew that the time to reveal my true thoughts was soon; but how soon, I didn't know.

"Umi-chan, where would you like to go first?"

I was snapped out of my reverie, her sparkling gold eyes flitted to my gaze, the smile gracing her lips was heavenly. The Angel that I see in my dreams is in front of me but she is so far away from me.

"How about the bookstore?"

"Okay! That sounds good! If there's something you want I will treat you to it~"

"I-I-uh-ah t-th-thank you, Kotori." She looked at me and giggled, a sign that I was definitely blushing.

We headed in the direction of the bookstore; upon entering, the familiar smell of new books filled my nose.

I let out a sigh before smiling at the angelic bird next to me, pointing in the direction towards the classics.

"Umi-chan, I'm going to look at the design books, I will be right back."