A Refeshment of Years.

Start from the beginning

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Before Emma noticed, she was walking through the entrance of the Grill. Caroline had her arm hooked through Emma’s, Emma felt a tad awkward holding onto her. She felt the same uneasiness as what she had felt with Damon.

As she and Caroline entered, the first person Emma saw was Tyler Lockwood. Her presumably best friend.

"TYLER!" She yelled. As he spun around a huge grin emerged onto his face.

"EMMA?" he yelled back.

Emma ran up to him, jumping into a hug and wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Oh my god Emma! Your back! I missed you so much!" Emma sunk her face into his neck, were she smelt his every day bio.

"I missed you so much to Tyler! But I'm not here for that. I'm here to kick your ass in pool!" Tyler laughed, putting her back down.

"Well it's a challenge then!"

As she and Tyler made their way to the pool table, they were interrupted by Caroline.

"Hey, can we join you?" Emma turned around to see Matt at her arm.

"Oh Mattie boy. You just had to rope yourself a Blondie!" Caroline glared at Emma.

"Nice to see you to Emma." They laughed and greeted each other with a hug.

"So boy's verse girls?" Tyler asked, as they all made their way to the pool table.

"Pool, really?" Caroline begun, "It can be girl verse boys, but I am not playing!"

Everyone laughed, "Free for all?" Emma negotiated.

"Sounds like a plan." Matt agreed.

"Hey Elena's here. I'm going to go talk to her. Hey Emma. You got a sec?"

Emma walked over to were Caroline was standing.

"Yeah?"

"You didn't finish telling me about the date!" A smirk on Caroline's face appeared.

"We just had Chinese on the bonnet of his car looking out at the view of New York. That’s all, no real gossip there. Just that his name was Damon Salvatore."

Caroline's face went blank.

"What?"

"Oh nothing. You play your game. I'm going over there." Caroline said awkwardly, and then walked off.

"So, you up for it? Or are you chickening out?" Tyler teased.

"Hand me a cue!" Tyler laughed and threw her the stick over the table. "Game On!!"

 The pool game ended in no time. Emma winning against both. First she played Matt, and that game was over within minutes. Then she played Tyler. He was good but not that good.

Caroline had joined them again at a booth. They just sat, talking about casual things, when two people Emma didn't know came to the table.

"Hey Elena, Stefan. You want a seat?" Caroline asked politely.

"No that’s okay, we just came to let you know we were leaving.” Elena said kindly.

“Oh Okay, wait, have you met my cousin Emma?” Caroline turned and glanced at her.

“No I haven’t, it’s nice to meet you.” Elena nodded with and elegant smile.

“Pleasure to meet you to Elena. Stefan. It’s great to be back.”

“You once lived in Mystic Falls?” Stefan finally spoke.

“Back before my parents died. Yes.” A flash of pain ran through Emma’s eyes.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Both Elena and Stefan left their condolences.

“It’s okay, that was four years ago. How long have you been living here?” Emma asked the both of them.

“I’ve been living here since I was little. It’s amazing we haven’t me before.” Elena informed.

“As for me, I just moved back myself. I’m living at the old Salvatore Boarding house.”

Not only did the name sound familiar, but Emma could picture the house as well, “Salvatore? As in brother of Damon”

Stefan frowned, “Yeah, how did you know?”

“Lucky guess.” Emma lied.

After a couple more minutes of chatting, the lovely couple left.

 By the end of the night, Emma was so tired she could have fallen asleep there and then.

She said her good byes to Matt and Tyler, saying she would see them tomorrow at school, and then headed home with Caroline.

Emma was sitting on her new bed when Caroline entered.

"Hey, look I wanted to explain..." Caroline begun.

"It’s okay Car, you didn’t want to blurt it out to me in the middle of the Grill. I understand.” Emma cut in.

Caroline laughed, “I should have known you would have understood.”

Caroline said her goodnight and they both went to bed. A long day awaiting for tomorrow.

I know I know. There isn’t an airport in Mystic Falls. I only realized that, after I published it. >.< Smack to the face! Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying it. Hopefully it will get better <3