Stupid Monday Mornings

Car, locker, cafe, first class. I could do my morning routine with my eyes closed, it’s become robotic even. I'm in between three and four, walking to first period, oh the joy. Mondays were just bad in general, they just made being in a good mood difficult.

After the girl had left, I still haven't learned her name,Michael and me immediately turned to a new topic of conversation. Sure the girl was hot but were not little naive and ansty freshman, we'll worry about getting her when the time is right, but to be honest those eyes are still burned to the back of my eyelids. I've never seen ones quite like hers and I don’t mean in color, I mean the fact that they were able to hide something from me. Usually one look into someone’s eyes and they become open book to me. That’s not the worst part of it though, it’s the fact that if I hadn't noticed that her actions didn't match the emotions in her eyes then I wouldn’t have paid close enough attention to notice the slight hesitance them and figured out that it was all an act.

Of course I didn’t say anything to the guys, they would laugh till graduation if they heard the turmoil going on in my head, it was honestly tiring me out and we haven't even started class yet. 

I walked into Ms. Brooks English class as the last bell rang, she turned and half-hearteadly glared at me but I guess she was happy that I didn’t show up any later. I usually just waltzed in ten minutes late and no one says anything. I mean what can she possibly do, she could try to talk to my parents, but then she would just be wasting all her long distance minutes and even if she did get through to them, they wouldn't even bat an eyelid. Probably tell me couldn’t spend any money for a week but wouldn't actually care enough to check, it’s happened plenty of times before, there’s never any real punishment.

Everyone was still talking by the time I got to my usual seat but I found that the little new girl decided to claim it as hers.

“Hey hotness, that’s my seat so I suggest you move your very fine ass to this available chair right here.” I said with a wink, smirking and pointing to the seat next to mine.  Of course I was joking, it was a stupid chair for crying out loud even I wasn't that shallow but teasing this girl just felt right and at this moment very entertaining. I just raised my eyebrows and waited to hear what she could possibly come up with.

She smirked and opened her mouth to reply then out of nowhere she suddenly just stopped and got a faraway look in her eyes, it was there for barely a second before it was gone. She quickly shut her mouth forced a fake smile, which in her defense she did try to make seem genuine, and got up. I was shocked I was so sure she would fight back, her eyes had strength in them, strength that would never even think of letting people walk all over her, I felt so way over my head with chick, and to be honest kind of guilty of having our first conversation be one this awkward, not to mention she must think of me as a stuck up jerk, but I tried to brushed it off quickly, I didn’t know the girl there was no reason to feel guilty. She quietly picked up her stuff and move to the seat I had before. 

Even after all the questions I had just asked myself in my head and the effort I had just put in to squash down my needless quilt, I still I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and looked at her hoping she would explain to me why that just happened but she was looking straight ahead at the board like it held the answers of the universe. I was about to voice my thoughts to finally get answers and calm myself down a bit when Ms. Brooks called for attention so she could start the lesson that no one wanted to learn. I reluctantly sat down in my seat and just zoned out.

The rest of my day was pretty boring, the new girl, Katherine, was in every single one of my classes but I didn't talk to her again after first period. From her numerous introductions I learned that her full name was Katherine Brooks but she liked to be called Kati, she moved here from a small town in Virginia to live with her Uncle, and that essentially she had no back bone. Every time someone told her to do something her eyes would harden sightly, she would give a award winning smile and immediately do as she was told.