Chapter 2

Lisa's other plans were with Penny. She was the reason that Lisa came back home in the first place. They met at Callie's Tavern for drinks.

When Penny saw her best friend she nearly shed tears. It had been a really long time since she and Lisa were together in the same room.

They hugged each other for what seemed like forever then sat down and ordered drinks.

"So you finally saw that bastard?" asked Penny bitterly.

"Yes hun I did. It was strange finding him in the park. I mean I knew that he'd be there and all but it was still really hard to see him again"she said.

"I don't want you hurting yourself over me. You don't have to do this. You could go back to Lucas and start taking care of the wedding stuff and all."said Penny in a serious tone.

"Hey if any one should be getting cold feet here it's me so just relax and let me deal with what I came here for. I'm also doing this for Alex. Okay?"said Lisa.

"I guess a little messing around won't hurt anyone."she shrugged.

"Now how's my little man doing? You guys should definitely stay over after the wedding. I'd love showing the both of you around."said Lisa.

"Alex is great hun. The whole 'who's my daddy' questions have began but I'm trying to evade it. Though it seems like the harder I try to lie the more questions he asks. About the holiday I don't know hun. My boss has got me on a really tight schedule. It took me a whole lot of convincing for him to let me leave work for that weekend."she winked and they both laughed.

"You evil little witch. I bet he enjoyed it more than you did."said Lisa in a corny tone.

"Oh he definitely did. And girl is he fine..yum..I swear these men better stop wearing suits coz they don't do justice to what's underneath."they both burst out laughing.

"Don't enjoy yourself too much though hun. You know how complicated these work relationships can get."Lisa warned.

"Oh honey don't worry about that I'm not one to get attached. Having a 'no strings attached' once in a while is good for our wicked souls." she giggled.

"That's my girl." they toasted.

They drank, danced  and laughed all night long. They had to walk home coz neither of them could drive and Lisa was renting a place a few blocks from the tavern.
........................................................................
"What the hell is wrong with your daughter Joe, she's been back and hasn't even bothered talking to us. Do you know that I heard she was in town from that gossip Carol? She better call us and she better do it soon."said Pam angrily.

"Calm down darling. She arrived yesterday and was getting settled in the house she's renting in town."he replied calmly.

"So she talks to you and not to me? That's just peachy. She must really enjoy watching me lose my head over her theatrics. I mean if not why didn't she want to stay here with us? There's always room for her here and she knows it. Why does she insist on paying for a rental house. " she said.

"You are not the easiest person to talk to and I think she needed privacy. You know that she's always been like that."he whispered.

" I just miss my little girl you know. Now she's getting married and I feel like we haven't spent any time together. How did I end up missing so much in her life? I should have never let her move to the city. I told you that it was a terrible idea.Soon she's gonna have babies and I'll be a grandma. Can you believe that? I might never meet my grandkids" she sobbed

"Don't you think it's a bit too early to talk about babies right now? We still have the wedding to organise then the children will probably come a lot later"he remarked in the nicest way he possibly could.