Chapter 20 - Love Again

It's been a week since Janne spoke to Ruki. Since that day, Janne became a lot better. Still being silent but not worse like before. And since that day...

Ruki always came for her.

It seems since she gave some reaction to him, she only opened herself to him. She will spoke only to Ruki. She only moved when Ruki was there. She will constantly looking at him when Ruki was talking to her. All of them could only concluded that Janne was really need Ruki. He will be the only one who could save her. After all...

Ruki was the only person Janne considered very important.

That day, Eiji planned to take Janne out from the house. He thought Janne will needed that as a refreshing. They decided to go to the park. Janne didn't answer him when he asked her to go to the park but... When Ruki was the one asking her, she immediately nodded to him which rather made Eiji hurt but he let it slide because it was for her. And then...

"Hey... How about if you two go alone?" Eiji suggested, confusing Ruki.

"Huh? Why?" Ruki asked.

"Well, it seems Janne-chan only being open to you so I suppose it will be better if you two go alone. Besides... Both of you need each other now. Janne needs you and you need her too. You want to...remember her again, wouldn't you?" Eiji asked. True, Ruki wanted to remember about Janne again. Everyone always said the previous him considered Janne as someone important to him. Irreplaceable. He could only concluded that Janne...was his girlfriend. That's why Kou and his brothers desperately wanted him to be by her side in this situation.

"I agree with Eiji. Remembering Janne only react to you" Kaito commented.

"Kaito..."

"Try to talk to her, Ruki. And while you do that, try to remember also about Janne" He said. In Ruki's mind, maybe he will do that. He then went to Janne's room as the girl was sitting on the bed as always. He then lowered his body so he will be in the same height as her.

"Janne? Let's go" He said while reached out his hand to her. It took her ten seconds until Janne looked at his hand and her eyes fixed on Ruki. She looked at him for a minute and then her eyes back to his hand. She slowly reached his hand and Ruki pulled her up gently. While holding her hand, both of them exit the house.

***

Park

When Ruki and Janne reached the nearest park from Kaito's house, Ruki was still holding Janne's hand--afraid she might be gone in instant if he was dare to let go his hold. With her current condition, it will be hard for him to searched for her especially when Janne will never shouted back at him when he was calling her. 

Ruki then searched for a spot where they could enjoyed the view better. He found what he was looking for...under the tree. 

"Over here, Janne" He said to her and pulled her gently to the spot. When they reached there, Ruki felt something about the place. He felt like he already been there before but he couldn't remember when. Was he went there with Janne? He doesn't know. That might be happened but his main concern was Janne. He had to obtained Janne back in order for him to searched for his lost memories.

He helped her to sit down and he sat beside her as well. Janne then looked at the lake but from Ruki's view...she was just staring at it, like she did not aware the view in front of her.

"Do you like the view?" But no answer from her. She was like did not understand the beauty in front of her. Like she saw nothing. But it doesn't matter to him. He didn't care the view as well. He leaned on the tree and glanced towards it. He felt something, something nostalgic and then his eyes returned to Janne. An eager to protect her immediately appeared.