Chapter 23 - A New Day

Two days since Janne returned to Kino's mansion.

Two days since Janne awakened from her darkness.

Two days since Janne gave up about Ruki.

And two days...since Janne decided to going out with Kino. It's not official yet because Janne still not sure about her feeling to Kino. She already told him about her feeling but Kino did not mind about it. He told her that he will try again to make her truly loved him and he understand of what happened between her and Ruki.

"Janne! Let's go!" Kino called her.

"Coming!" She respond and she immediately went out from the room. When she reached downstairs, Kino already there waiting for her. Since she returned, Kino will always asked her to accompany him to school. He wanted her to refresh her mind from everything that already happened. He knew even though Janne always appeared happy and always smiling, deep down she still sad. She just didn't want to show it to him.

***

"Well then, Janne? Wait for me at the lobby when I'm done, okay?" Kino said.

"Sure" Janne answered. Both of them went silent as Kino only looking at her. He then touched her shoulders, rather made her startled. Janne then looked up to him as Kino slowly lowered himself and Janne knew what he will do. She shut her eyes and then... She could feel a cold lips on her forehead. She opened her eyes and blinked few times and when Kino pulled himself from her, Janne raised her head and looked confuse.

Kino only smiled at her and then patted her head. "I'll be going now"

"O-Okay" She said and Kino headed to his class. She could feel a small heartbeat. It's not much but it's enough. At least, she felt something when she's with Kino. Janne then decided to take a walk around the school. Along the walk, she tried to avoid the third year's classroom. She knew Ruki will be there and she want to avoided him for a moment.

"Hm? Janne-san?" Someone suddenly called her. She looked in front of her.

"Reiji-kun..?" He walked towards her. To Janne, it's been a long time since the last time she met him. Or maybe Reiji also came to checked on her after the incident.

"I heard you're already back. It's good to have you back" Reiji said with his usual gentleman tone.

"Oh, thanks. I'm not...really happy though to be back"

"Well, you should be. You're the one who always said that everything happened for a reason. Even if it costs something precious"

"Did I? I,uh I don't know why this is happening to me. It's like...God was trying to separated me with Ruki because of my...nature"

"Well, I do not believe that kind of reason. If it didn't belong to you, maybe you should let it go" Reiji said.

"Yeah, you're right. That's what I'm trying to do now" Janne said.

"Oh, really? Like being together with that guy every time?" Reiji asked. She knew he meant about Kino. His half brother who he never know. "Good grief. Why you have to be with him anyway? He might be a pureblood and father's son, but he's still the illegitimate son"

Janne knew Reiji didn't accept the fact if Janne choose Kino over him. She knew how his feeling towards her since a year ago he confessed to her.

"W-Well, it's not like I will going out with Kino-kun any time soon. It's just... I want to try to liked him back if I can"

"And if you can't?" Now that was a hard question. "What if your mind still stuck with Ruki? What will you do?" To Janne, that was a very difficult question for her to answer. True, even though she already decided to ended everything with Ruki, her heart still thinking about him. Maybe because she haven't ended it officially with Ruki. But...