Round 1: Fight Night

I took a heavy left to the jaw, I was too close. I backed up, watching Yozaya intensely. This was our second fight, in my career. I'd lost the first time and I was on the road to redemption. I wasn't going to let him get in my way of my title, I picked out his heavy-hitters strategy. It worked usually, his hits left you stunned, I was more a submission type of guy.

I had a cut on the inside of my lip even with the mouth guard, I wanted to spit the blood out but I couldn't just yet. I watched his fist come for me a second time, it was quick but just as fast I ducked grabbing him at the waist and tackling him down. I wrapped my legs around his torso and his neck gripping for dear life. I watched and felt him squirming as my heart pumped with adrenaline.

His arms tried to pry at my legs, but I had a death grip. His struggles became feeble, it was either submit or be out cold, at this point. I heard his sharp intake of breath then it was over. I felt him go limp and the referee rushed over to me pulling me away.

KO. Knock out. Winner by unanimous decision. I jumped into a flip at the victory. My coaching staff, Pat and Grey, ran into the ring with me; congratulating me; patting me on the back; hugging me. I looked over to Dashi Yozaya, from Brazil or somewhere like that. He was awakening, I did a little fist pump for the crowd who was on my side of the ball park.

I pulled my UFC shirt back on, taking down a big gulp of the water bottle handed to me. It was cold as it rushed down my throat. I watched Yozaya stand, and I jogged over to him. We embraced like we hadn't been fighting a moment ago. We weren't enemies, we were cool, we admired each others fighting capabilities but today it was me who came out on top.

"Good fight," I said in his ear, he nodded in agreement his hand at the base of my neck. He pulled me closer giving me a friendly kiss on the cheek. We pulled away and I let his staff take him. The referee finally took my hand, holding it up in honor of my victory.

It was the first match this season, and I was enjoying hearing the crowds roars again. I waved them off taking the headphones I was endorsing and pulling them around my neck before making my way back stage touching the waiting hands of my fans.

I'd made a name for myself over the last two years. I wasn't giving it up, Yuri Xiong was going to be remembered as the UFC featherweight champion of the world.

"Good job kiddo," Pat slapped me on the back. Pat was a heavyset white guy who was losing a lot of his hair at 45 and who I'd met before I'd gotten big. UFC and all. He was an ex-fighter, and he was reliable, he taught me everything I needed to know and more. When Pat had been fighting it was more street fighting, but he was just as good as anyone else. He'd definitely be in the heavyweight division.

"Thanks," I smiled after taking another gulp out of my water bottle. "I couldn't have did it without the excessive amount of clips you forced me to watch." I feigned sarcasm. We all laughed.

Grey was quiet, he was small like me, above flyweight but no more than featherweight. He weighed more but he was an excellent coach. He'd actually wrestled before he got an injury that ended his career, he wasn't bitter about it he accepted it. Grey was a 36 year old black guy with a wife and a quickly growing boy. He was nice as treated me more like a friend as I liked.

Like most people seemed to think UFC fighters were, I wasn't crazy and I didn't have anger problems either. In fact quiet the opposite I had depression. When I fought in that ring all my depression was forgotten and I didn't have to think about anything but winning. It was the ultimate goal in the ring. After was just a staged smile and then the depression was back until I took my meds of course which I wasn't aloud to take before matches due to the medical steroid used to boost my mood and my energy. It was considered cheating.

I parted with my coaches as I went into the locker room, pulling off the UFC shirt and my shorts, stepping into the showers. The hot water soothes my skin, I let my hair get wet, the gel I used to spike it weakening. I closed my eyes while I poured some Axe shower gel into a poof lathering it up and spreading it onto my body. To be honest I could stay in the arena all my life and be content, but I had to leave and go home sometime and there I was all alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, yea I know it's short but it's a teaser. Please come back to me!!! :)

-Willow