2: Call Me Ungraceful

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, Sara. We need something faster to cook," I said sheepishly.

"Fine." she grumbled.

We finished breakfast in a flash. Charlie ran to his house to get his car, which was our ride to school.

After ten minutes, we started to wonder what was taking Charlie so long to arrive.

Finally, he stopped his car in front of our gate. I sat in the passenger's, while Sara sat in the back. I fastened my seat belt on and I turned my body to look at Charlie. I widened my eyes, seeing him changed from his blue plaid polo shirt and black jeans into a plain v-neck shirt and blue jeans (with shoes on).

"What happened? Why'd you change?" I asked.

"Jon. I decided to have revenge and I threw his favorite sneakers into the pool. Unfortunately, he saw me. And he pushed me into the pool." Charlie shrugged, as if he doesn't care.

I stared at him incredulously.

I heard Sara snort. "Huh. I can't believe you two share the same blood."

The ride to WIHS was pretty short and quiet. We just sang some random songs the radio station plays.

In the middle of the song, "Starships" by Nicki Ninaj, I stopped as I got the full view of our school's name: Winterskin International High School in big, red cursive writing, by the school's gate.

After Charlie parked, he turned the engine off. "We're here, mademoiselles," he chirped.

I raised an eyebrow at him and hopped out of the car, chuckling.

I turned to say goodbye to Sara, but she beat me to it. "Bye, Sand! See you later!" she said, then ran off to her friends.

I grinnes and waved at her. "Let's go!" I smiled at Charlie.

I walked in the halls, with my best friend by my side. What a great way to start the day...

*~*~*~*~*

I hate my morning schedule.

Every time I feel optimistic before going to class, the classes I take every morning just have to ruin my mood. It was like it was destined to ruin happiness.

When the bell rang for my last period in the morning, I whisper-yelled, "Yesss!", but since we had a reading session and it was so quiet, almost everyone heard that. The chuckles and giggles in the room were enough to make me turn beetroot red. I hurriedly closed my notebook and shoved it in my bag.

I walked briskly into the cafeteria, excited to eat lunch (and to get away from my embarrassment). I picked two slices of pizza, an apple and a bottle of water and placed them on my tray.

I sighed with relief when I saw that there weren't many students in the cafeteria yet. I sat on a free table by the window and happily nibbled on my pizza.

Sara stepped in the cafeteria, with her friends and waved at me. They sat five tables from me and started chatting and laughing.

Students started filling in the place and I started to wonder what was taking Charlie and the others longer than they usually did.

A tray was slammed forcefully on the table on my left and a gasp escaped my lips. I stared at the tray, impressed that the food there didn't spill.

Then a hand was slung across my shoulders and I recognized the strong smell of the familiar perfume of someone.

"Hey there, beautiful," Charlie's teammate, Trevor said flirtatiously.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my blush and continued eating.