1: Call Me Cinderella

Start from the beginning

He was the biggest optimist I have ever met. There was just something about him that makes you feel that everything's okay. He was just... unique. That was why he was my best friend.

He loved pranking people, going to parties and dates, flirting with girls, sometimes took them home to meet his parents and his best girl friend (me), playing sports, being voted prom king and--

Wait, wait. Did I mention that he was the most popular guy in school?

If not, then... Well, now you know.

"Dear Cinderella! How could you laugh at my love for you!" he dramatically gasped.

"Speaking of that..." I grinned.

Just as I expected, Charlie groaned, while I snickered. He ran a hand through his already disheveled, but not too messy, hair. "Please don't bring that up..." he pleaded.

You see, back to junior year, which was last year, Charlie "admitted" that he was in love with me.

Do you have a guess on what I did?

I punched him hard on his shoulder and laughed. He then laughed along (while clutching his shoulder). And then he said it was a prank and a joke. But he was blushing! He probably found it awkward, but he might've still wanted to see my reaction. It was so cute and funny!

"Yeah, I won't," I assured him. I sat up and looked at him seriously. "So, Eli... Go order pizza. Now."

He saluted and got up, laughing.

"Order the one with a lot of mozzarella!" I yelled.

"Yeah, yeah!" he waved. As he disappeare into the dining room, where the phone is, someone behind me shouted, "Boo!"

I jumped and turned to the laughing girl with blonde hair and green eyes and glared at her. "Sara!"

Carsara, the kind sister of mine, chuckled. She sat beside me and mimicked me. "Sandra!"

I rolled my eyes and ruffled her hair.

Oh, before I forget, my name is Sandra Marvous.

Carsara, or Sara Marvous is my younger sister. She was 16, like I said earlier, and she was also my girl best friend. I love this girl because she didn't treat me like I was the reason of Mother Earth slowly dying. She treated me like a sister should, but her problem was that she let our evil mom and older sister, Mariette or Marie, walk over her.

She giggled. "You're lucky mommy and Marie are out of town for two days. If they heard you, they would've stabbed you with their four-inch heels..."

And that was why I also love Sara. She didn't like the way our evil mom and sister treated people not as rich and important people as them.

"They have a meeting for the Grand Ball?" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm so glad they didn't bring me with them." She laughed and I joined in.

Everytime Metta went to parties, or business meetings, it was either Marie or Sara, or the both of them she brought. Never me.

Then she turned serious. "Speaking of the Grand Ball..."

I groaned. "Sara... Not this again..."

Yeah, Grand Ball. It made Charlie's statement about my life being a "messed-up version of Cinderella's" even more true.

We were invited to the Grand Ball because my family was filthy rich and helped a lot in political and social affairs in the whole country. Ever since, Sara had been running her mouth a lot about it.