Somebody That I Used To Know

Your POV
I called Levi's number again for the, I believe, fourth time today. I scowled angrily at my phone, throwing it to the pale yellow wall in front of me. I sighed loudly feeling negativity drown my very being. I pulled my legs toward me and put my head between my (s/t) legs. I coughed loudly, feeling mucus rise through my throat and spew out on the couch I sat on currently. I looked at the liquid seeing it was the dark crimson red that flowed through my body. I gasped loudly as I got up to get a napkin. You see, I was diagnosed with lung cancer two months ago. It was hereditary as my own mother died young because of having the same illness. I haven't told Levi yet though as he hasn't been 'around' at all. He was at work and when it was his off time he told me, "I have over time" or "I'm on a business trip."

As I stood up I noticed that the room seemed to get smaller and larger, expand and compress. I walked, feeling my legs shake like jelly, as I glided to the kitchen. I ripped a napkin from the roll feeling my chest hurt. I wheezed heavily, letting go of the napkin to grab my chest. I started to breath heavily, pain in my chest raised as I fell down on the cold, tiles floor. The world seemed to spin around me as I looked at my phone, in an entirely different room, on the floor. I could feel my own air slip from my body as I felt my eyes rolled to the back of my head and darkness engulfed my eyes.

Beep..... Beep..... Beep.....

The beeping of a machine caught my attention as I slowly opened my eyes, immediately shutting them as a bright white light poured into my eyes. I groaned in discomfort as I heard the shuffling of a person on my right side. I turned my head over to see a nurse, looking at a monitor I assume was making the annoying beeps. She seemed to be writing something down on her wooden clip board.

"E-excuse me," I stated hoarsely as I lifted my hand to cover my slightly ajar eyes. The lady looked at me and gasped, dropping her clip board. She rushed to my side immediately, surprise filling her eyes as she stared at me.

"M-miss, you're a-awake!" Her words confused me terribly as I looked at her confused. I wasn't out that long, was I? I was going to speak again when she shoved a glass of water in my hands.

"Drink miss! You must be parched after sleeping that long!" I took her advice and gulped down what seemed like gallons of water in mere seconds. I cleared my throat, feeling not as strained as before. The lovely nurse smiled as she took the cup and set it on a light blue side-drawer. I looked at what she wore, a basic nurse's outfit with the blue shirt and pants and the basic name tag which read Kirby.

"Excuse me, but how long was I asleep for Kirby?" She seemed to freeze as she looked at me. She shook her head lightly, making her black bob cut seemingly bounce lightly.

"Sorry to tell you this miss, but you've been out, I believe, a year and five months," she gently spoke. I gasped, putting my hand on my mouth as I looked at her in surprise. She simply nodded at my expression and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Ma'am, you had a stroke from being stressed, you've also been planned to be pulled off the plug by your husband, who was coming to watch in about, " she checked her golden watch on her wrist. She 'tsk'ed' and said "In about an hour actually!" I inhaled strongly, surprised that Levi would give up so quickly on me. I coughed loudly as I felt pains in my chest again from thinking about the foul man.

"Excuse me nurse, but may I get some actual clothing please? This gown I'm in now is more so than not just paper." She gasped as she nodded her head, rushing out the room with her clip board in hand. She seemed to pick it up as she ran speedily out this dingy hospital room. I sighed sadly, feeling pain in my chest still. At least I didn't die right? I wonder how Levi's face will look when he see's that I'm perfectly fine, hell, he'll probably be with another. Oh how I wished that I was incorrect on that one. After the nurse walked in and handed me my clothing I dressed myself and waited the hellish hour. That's when I saw his shirt figure walk in side by side with a strawberry blonde girl with the most prettiest of  hazel eyes. She held his hand when they walked in but let go immediately when she saw me sitting on the bed, sucking on a lolli.

"Y-You're alive?!" Levi screamed as he ran towards me. I could see the happiness in his usually emotionless eyes. I 'tsk'ed and slipped to the side, missing his hug by a meter. I smirked, pulling the candy from my mouth.

"No duh b#tch," I said monotonously, flipping my hair. He tried to touch me but I simply threw my lollipop at his form. He cringed as it hit his black leather jacket. He looked at me angrily.

"What the heck (y/n)?! You dirtied my jacket you brat!" He looked at his jacket fearfully of the saliva and sticky substance of the watermelon candy. Petra ran to the man, taking the jacket off of him. I simply tsk'ed and threw a glass at them.

"GET THE F#CK OUT MATE! I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOMEONE WHO CLEARLY FREAKING DOESN'T NEED ME!" I started throwing the pictures from the wall at their forms. They ducked as best they could until I threw the TV at Petra, hitting her whole back. She squealed in pain and stumbled down. I laughed at her crying form as I then looked at Levi. He looked angry as he ran for me. I was ready though as once he through that punch I grabbed his hand and threw it away, making him loose balance as I uppercut him in the stomach. He coughed hard as I felt the air drain from his crappy being. He collided with the ground holding his stomach. I kicked him in the privates, seeing him groan as he grabbed his balls.

"For being short Levi, you aren't normal for short people you know. I expected something more greatful," I tched as I walked away from the room, hearing the nurses run into the shattered room.

"Tch, now that you're somebody that I used to know," I sang as I stalked out the hospital, leaving a past of regret behind.