Friendzoned ~ 19

Ross's POV

You would think that everyone would be happy to wake up. Not me.

When the light of the hospital room shone into my eyes, I squeezed it shut. It took me a couple seconds before reopening them and finally readjusting to the room. I thought I was alone until I heard Luke gasp.

"Ross? How are you feeling?" He asked clearly exhausted and concerned. I grinned at him before reassuring him that I was fine. Luke's tense body relaxed.

He laid back in his chair and sighed.

"What's wrong" I asked. It looked like something was bothering him. He looked at me through pain filled eyes.

"You like him don't you?" He said quietly. "Max?" I kept quiet. I wanted to lie and say no but I felt myself saying the opposite.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I really am, but we can still be friends right? Best friends even." He shook his head.

"So we're over?" This hurt me a lot but it was for Max.

"Yea, just remember though, you can still come to me if you want to talk okay? Ill always look forward to some cuddling." He chuckled and looked at me fondly before frowning again.

I felt so bad, I've caused him so much pain already. Even with this going on, I though about Max, how was he doing? I knew if I asked Luke about Max, he wouldn't be too happy but I had to.

"How's Max?" I asked softly. He opened his eyes and i saw a glint of anger at the mention of Max's name. Either way he replied.

"Nothing has changed. He's still in his coma but stable. Don't worry, rest. I'll be back, I need some fresh air." Luke stood up and walked out the door but before leaving my sight, he glanced back and said with glossy eyes.

"You know Ross, I will never stop loving you." And with that he left, leaving me to drown in my own sorrow.

If you want one thing, you have to sacrifice another.

~

I'm so sorry for this extremely short chapter, I'm having like a really bad writers block atm. I might have to ask someone to help me write but don't worry the next chapter and the epilogue will be a lot longer.

I love you guys so much for your support, thanks for keeping with me this long.

But before I end this, who else is extremely upset about the U.S Election results? I can't believe Trump won but what can we do. I hope none of you guys are too affected by this. If you are, just know we've been through bad presidents in the past. We'll live.

~Izzy <3