Girls Night Out

When school got out on Friday, Alyssa was picked up by Josh. He gave her a bright smile and greeted her when she opened the passenger door. "Hey, Alyssa! How was school?" He asked her.

She smiled, "It was good! I got my math test back and guess what? I got a B+!"

Josh gave her a high-five before pulling out of the parking lot. Alyssa launched into a story about lunch when a kid threw some mashed potatoes up and they stuck to the ceiling. "How could they stick to the ceiling?" Josh laughed.

He stopped at a red light and said, "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! Tyler and I want to work on music tonight, so Jenna offered to take you out. Would you like that?"

Jenna and Alyssa didn't go out very often. Alyssa was excited. What would they do tonight? She couldn't wait!

They got home and Alyssa went up to her room. She sat on her bed and checked her Instagram and Twitter. Nothing special was going on. But Sam had gotten a video of potatoes being thrown onto the ceiling and posted it on Instagram. Alyssa laughed as she watched it.

Tyler knocked on her door and came in. The first thing he said was, "So I saw that there were potatoes...why?"

Tyler followed Alyssa's friends on Instagram so he saw the video. Alyssa explained the story again, it never got old. Tyler had a confused look and Alyssa guessed that he was questioning why high schoolers nowadays were so strange. They were probably just as weird when Tyler was her age!

Bored out of her mind after Tyler left the room, Alyssa went on Twitter and made a post. Potato was all she put. It was quite entertaining to read the comments on that one. "ALYSSA WHY?" Tyler's voice yelled-in a joking matter- from the kitchen.

Alyssa and Jenna got ready to leave around 6. Alyssa wasn't the makeup type, but she liked helping Jenna do hers. Jenna said that they'd go out to dinner and then do something fun. "We can see a movie. We can go bowling. We can...walk around the mall," Jenna listed off ideas.

Alyssa said she'd think about what she wanted to do towards the end of dinner. They grabbed their stuff and said good bye to the guys. Jenna suggested they'd go to IHOP. It had been a while since Alyssa had eaten there, so she agreed. Pancakes for dinner? Count her in! Plus, she wasn't worried much about her weight after talking to her friends!

Once dinner was finished, they went to the mall. The first store they went in was the pet shop. Puppies were barking everywhere. Alyssa wanted them all! There were Pit Bulls, Pugs, Bulldogs, all sorts! Jenna followed Alyssa to the back. Alyssa's heart melted when she saw 3 Labrador Retriever puppies.

They were curled up together and they were sleeping. "They're so cute!" Alyssa smiled.

Jenna asked, "Have you ever had a dog?"

Alyssa shook her head, "Nope. I've never had a pet. Not even a goldfish."

Jenna looked at the puppies again before saying, "Maybe someday we'll get one."

They looked around for a bit then moved on to another store. The next store that Alyssa wanted to go in was Hot Topic. "Because why not?" She added.

For some odd reason, there weren't any customers in the store. But Alyssa and Jenna didn't mind. Jenna offered to buy Alyssa something, so Alyssa picked out a P!ATD tank top.  They went to a few more stores before leaving the mall.

"Thank you for taking me out tonight! It was a lot of fun!" Alyssa said.

"Of course! I enjoyed it. We should have a girls night more often!" Jenna said.

When they got home, Tyler and Josh were done practicing and the girls told them all about their night. Alyssa went to sleep happy that night.

(A/N Hey everyone! Just a quick note, I have a huge idea for the story and it'll expand over a few chapters. I'm just adding these fun chapters in until the time is right. Also, I wanted Jenna to be a part of the story more so that's another reason this chapter is here. Hope you liked it! Also, how do you like to spell potatoes? Potato? Or Potatoe? Idk that was random I'll leave. ALSO THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT YESTERDAY BUT IT DIDN'T UPLOAD I'M SORRY)