Chapter 11! Xx

Whooooo!!! If you’re wondering why I’m so happy it’s because ALEX IS STAYING NOW!!! WHOOO!!! The shopping trip is going ahead now!!! :D Anyway, chapter 11! :D

Chase’s POV:

“JOE!” I shout, smirking. “I need your help, man!”

I catch up with Joe quickly. I know he and Lizzie know each other but I don’t know if they’re still close or not. I’m hoping they’re not else Lizzie might have told him about us.

“What’s up, Chase?” Joe asks, looking suspicious. Ok, so I didn’t usually talk to the guy. Sue me! No, I mean it! I could easily pay the fine.

I shake my head to get rid of my random thoughts then asked, “You know Lili Dunce, right?”

“Yeah, I know Lili. Why?” Joe looks at me with more suspicion.

“Well, I have a date with her Friday. She’s my girlfriend now. I just wanted you to know and I was hoping that you could stop Noah from going to that house party. That’s where Lili and I are going.” I admit, running a hand through my hair.

“Romantic, Chase.” Joe says sarcastically then he frowns, “Hang on! You just don’t want Noah to smash your face in! You’re gonna have to face him eventually, man! That guy has it bad for Lili. He’s gonna kill you.”

“I know!” I sigh, acting frustrated. “Oh and don’t tell anyone I’m with Lili. We want to see if we’re good together first. So keep your mouth shut! Ugh! Just keep Noah away from me on Friday, Joe!”

I stride away, smirking. I see Lili and Lizzie talking by the math block and wink at Lizzie who’s facing me. She giggles slightly and turns away. I only winked because I have a date with her tonight.

Lizzie’s POV:

I’m singing loudly to Westlife, I have an obsession with them at the moment, as I pick out a top and a pair of jeans. The top is a deep blue and it’s an off-the-shoulder type of top with long sleeves. My jeans are bright yellow and my converse trainers match my top.

I change into the clothes before curling my hair carefully. I glance at the time and see I still have enough time to do my make up. I wish I could tell someone about this date! Hang on...

I ring Joe and put it on loudspeaker as I did my make up.

“Hello?”

“Joe! Do you promise you can keep a secret?” I all but shriek down the phone, not even bothering to say hi.

“I- of course Lizzie. What is it?” Joe asks, sounding worried.

“I have a date tonight! With Chase! He asked me to be his girlfriend at Lili’s party!” I admit, putting my make up away.

“What?” Joe exclaims, sounding weird.

“I know! It’s amazing!” I giggle. I hear the door go.

“I have to go Joe. That’s Chase! We’re off to see a film.” I open my bedroom door as I say bye.

“Wait Liz! Chase is-”

But I’ve already put the phone down. I stare at it for a moment then shrug, turning it off. I run down the stairs and open the door, grinning at Chase.

“Hey!” He grins, looking me up and down. “Nice jeans!”

“Thanks!” I grin back, shutting the door as I stepped out.

I let Chase take my hand as he leads me to his car.

That’s it! I’m in love! I think to myself, smiling.

“Lizzie! Wait!”

I turn to see Joe sprinting towards me and Chase. Chase immediately drops my hand. I frown. Ok, I know he doesn’t want anyone to know but Joe’s a good guy!

“Joe. What are you doing here?” Chase asks pleasantly, gesturing to the cinema building behind us.

“Stopping one of my best friends from getting hurt.” Joe snarled, glaring at Chase.

“What? What are you on about, Joe?” I ask, getting worried.

“Lizzie, Chase asked Lili out too! She said yes! She has no idea that he’s with you too! That’s why he’s told you to keep it quiet! He’s taking her to a house party on Friday.” Joe told me, looking angry.

“Don’t believe him, Lizzie. I love you. He’s just jealous.” Chase whispers in my ear.

I turn to Chase and stand on his foot. Hard.

“Joe would never lie to me. He once told me that I looked like a pregnant woman when I was wearing a pink shirt.” I hiss, tears of anger appearing. “We’re over Colton! You better tell Lili about this before school ends tomorrow or I will!”

Chase glares at Joe, “Thanks Kale!”

“Just get out of here before I do Noah’s job for him and kill you.” Joe mutters, looking at me.

Joe and I watch as Chase storms off then Joe leads me away from the cinema. I follow him, feeling empty.

Joe leads me to a taxi and pays the man to get us to my house quickly.

“How did you get here anyway?” Joe asks.

“Chase.” I mutter back.

“You do realise he’s only 16 right?”

“Yeah well I wasn’t really thinking about that.”

Once we reach my house, Joe leads me into the front room. It’s funny how he treats this house like his own!

“Hey Mrs R!” Joe says cheerfully to my mum. “Lizzie and I are going to her room.”

He leads me upstairs, not giving my mum long enough to ask why I was home so early.

Joe pushes me towards the bathroom, “Go have a hot shower, get in your pyjamas and meet me in your room.”

I nod, still feeling empty. I lock the bathroom door and put the shower on until the water is nearly scalding before getting in. I hiss as the water burns my skin at first but I soon get used to the temperature.

I stand in the shower for a while, thinking. Why would Chase do this? He knew Lili and I were best friends. We would have told each other soon anyway.

I realise I had been thinking for about 10 minutes so I quickly wash my hair and get out, changing into my pyjamas. My pyjamas consisted of a huge black T shirt that had Larry Stylinson pictures on the front and a pair of white pyjama shorts.

I walk into my room to find that Joe has brought up a bowl of cereal for each of us and two huge mugs of hot chocolate. I smile weakly at my best guy friend.

“Thanks.” I whisper, sitting down on the bed. I pick up a mug of hot chocolate and take a sip. It burns my throat but I don’t care.

“Liz, are you ok?” Joe asks as I set down the mug.

I look up, intending to lie and say ‘I’m fine’, and meet Joe’s brown eyes. They’re swimming with concern and worry.

That’s when I crack.

I feel the tears pour down my face as I choke out, “He said he loved me Joe. He doesn’t really love me though, does he? Why doesn’t he love me?”

I feel Joe pull me into a hug and kiss my hair before whispering to me, “I don’t know Lizzie. I really don’t know.”

Joe ends up holding me all night as I cry.

I hope this is ok :) Next is Emily again :) xx