The Aftermath

"Maine, I'm sorry," RJ said as he broke the news of what happened after the event.

"RJ, I'm so sorry. This was all my fault. I shouldn't have invited her."

RJ and Maine were forbidden to be seen in public. RJ had to keep up appearances with Kiana as long as the movie was still on going. He tried to bargain a deal with Mr. Gomez and Miss Vicky that this was going to be his last project, and he will rescind his contract with Artist Center if he was still paired with Kiana. Still, he had four months to endure. This meant that he can't see Maine or be at any events with her. That same night RJ drove to her house, and for the first time, Maine saw a very distraught RJ. She hugged him and he kissed her temple multiple times.

She mustered up the courage to wipe his tears, then she spoke, "Four months lang naman, Jay. Kakayanin natin 'to."

"A lot of things can happen in four months."

"Kapit ka lang, babe. Just know that I love you right? Even when your commitments are done, I'll still be here," Maine said.

On their first month, RJ still tried to message her daily, and tried to visit her and bring food at least once a week. The second month became hectic for both of them. Maine had conferences abroad and had the groundbreaking of their new condo complex. RJ had to do guestings at Eat Bulaga daily, and had to attend a show with Kiana in Los Angeles together with their castmates. Maine and RJ just saw each other once.

While in LA, Maine was also in town to meet up with this famous LA-based architect known for designing houses in Beverly Hills and Bel-Air. She tagged along with her father and sister Niki. She saw RJ during one of their lull days, and met up at one of those upscale sushi restaurants in Malibu. They had a quiet dinner, and then went on their separate ways to escape the eyes of anyone who might know them.

On the third month, the calls were more, but the visits were less. RJ would at least call her once a day, but since he was busy filming in Paris with Kiana, he only saw her once. Maine started to worry, and began to doubt how strong they really were, but still she held on. She would receive the usual good morning message of RJ. "Hi Maine, ikaw at ako. Can't wait. 104. You know you toot me."

Maine turned to her Facebook and saw that her timeline was fixated on one thing. She felt her stomach leap as she read the headline of a GMA article: KIANA VALLE REVEALS SHE IS PREGNANT, COULD IT BE ALDEN RICHARDS' BABY?