Sorry

"Ms. Maine, wag po kayo sana magugulat, but the creatives team has decided to include Kiana as part of the opening of the resort," Jonas blurted out during the creative planning of the opening of Amara Resorts.

Although Maine was pretty calm, she can't help but feel bothered that Kiana was going to be a guest at the opening with RJ. She was never jealous of Kiana or that RJ had a love team, but Amara was supposed to be their getaway. On the other hand, Kiana was Alden Richard's love team, and after a year, a new movie was coming out. As part of the promo for their love team, their management asked if they could use the Amara Resort event as publicity for the two. In return, Artist Center will promote Amara at the end credits of the movie. She has never met the girl, but Maine didn't want the awkward run in just because a few speculative writers have an idea about her and RJ.

Trabaho lang, trabaho lang, Maine thought to her self. Trabaho lang, trabaho lang, then repeat three times.

"Sige, I trust your creative decision if this will help promote the resort. What's your reasoning?"

"Kasi po based on the survey we conducted, Kiana and Alden are the most preferred couple right now to endorse brands. Malakas ang endorsing power, and our market really prefers them as a love team. Patok po sila sa A and B market, which not a lot of love teams can penetrate," Jonas explained further.

Maine approved of the marketing plan at once, and decided to text RJ about it.

Maine [8:02]: Hi babe, we just had our creatives meeting today. We're inviting Kiana to be your co-special guest.

RJ [8:03]: What? Bakit?

Maine [8:04]: AC asked, and the creatives thought it would be a good idea in order to promote your movie.

Maine [8:09]: Should I have asked you first?

RJ [8:10]: It's fine.

Within a minute from that text, RJ called Maine and explained that Kiana was a little bit delusional. The reason why the movie took so long to come out is because Kiana has been giving the management a hard time by always coming to work intoxicated and drugged. Kiana like most drunken starlets just threw herself at RJ in the middle of a network thanksgiving party. Like the good man that he is, he pushed her away and told her that he was with someone else.

"How come you're only telling me these things now?" Maine finally spoke after trying to process everything.

"Because I didn't think it was important, and I don't even like her, Maine. Are you jealous?"

"Di nga."

"Maine, yung totoo?"

"Hindi talaga cause if I'd known I could've stopped them from inviting Kiana if that's how you felt about it. RJ, kahit kailan I never doubted your sincerity. Pagod na pagod ka na nga going back and forth from taping to my house just to see me.Am I insecure of Kiana? Probably a bit, because she's your love team, but not to the extent na pagdududahan kita."

Maine started to cry, not because of jealousy, but because of pure and sheer annoyance on how to separate her professional from her private life. Then suddenly, RJ entered her office with a bouquet of flowers and her favorite drink from Starbucks. He immediately dropped everything, and rushed towards her to give her a hug to console her. She, in turn, immediately wiped away her tears slightly embarrassed at her outburst.

"What are you doing here, babe?"

"I was actually on my way to see you," RJ said in between wiping her tears and hugging her.

"Weh, di nga?"

"Ano ka ba, sa tingin mo ba I'll be here in twenty five minutes from Broadway? I was actually going to surprise you and your staff with Starbucks and food because I never got to thank them for always being so nice to my team. Pero now that you're crying, I hate to see you like this. Maine, I know it's hard to keep up with things between us, especially since I'm your endorser, and you're my client, but please know that if ever you feel that something isn't right, please let me know."

"Sorry, I just... I'm still in the process of understanding how the showbiz industry works. I trust my team's creative minds. I can't do anything about Kiana now, but I promise I'll make it up to you."

"How?"

"Let's fly out of Manila, and just go somewhere only we'll know."