Paano

KIANA VALLE REVEALS SHE IS PREGNANT, COULD IT BE ALDEN RICHARDS' BABY?

The headlines flashed before Maine's eyes, and she just froze. Afraid to read the article, afraid to see what's in it, afraid if it could be true. Slowly, she pressed the link. With the page slowly flashing the article, her heart just sped faster.

It's been confirmed by GMA news that people's darling, Kiana Valle, is four weeks pregnant. According to sources, Alden Richards could be the father of Kiana's child. Alden was not available for any comment, while Kiana only wishes for the public to respect her privacy.

Update: Kiana tweeted out on Sunday, 4:10 pm a picture of her pregnancy test with two lines. She captioned it, "Hey, baby A"

Maine could feel one tear fall from her tear duct, then another, and suddenly she was inconsolable. She didn't know what to believe anymore. She has barely seen RJ, and as much as she was willing to hold on to the promise of four months, she was also fearing that this promise might not actually hold true.

Sabi mo ikaw at ako, diba? RJ, paano, she thought.

Like it was on cue, her phone rang. RJ was calling her. She let it go to a miscall. Another call from him, and still she didn't answer. She was afraid what he would say. Is this really over? Is this all true? And another phone call, until the caller stopped on his fifteenth attempt.

Coleen entered the room and saw her crying, and she just hugged Maine. Without saying anything she already knew. Of course, she knew. Coleen was her best friend, and without even saying anything, they already understood what the other was going through. Maine fell asleep crying, and when she woke up, Coleen was still holding her.

"Coleen, paano kami?" She asked.

"Meng, di mo pa nga alam kung totoo or hindi. Alam mo naman manipulative si Kiana diba?"

"Pagod na ako maghintay. Natatakot ako malaman kung baka pagod na rin siya."

"Tawagan mo siya, Meng. You won't know the truth unless you talk to him."

A knock was heard, and then it was RJ entering Maine's room. It looks like he hasn't slept for three days, and his eyes were red from crying. There were circles under his eyes.

"Iwan ko muna kayo," Coleen called out, and then she left the room leaving RJ and Maine together.

"Meng."

"RJ please spare me the heartache, totoo ba or hindi?"

Silence.

"Totoo ba or hindi?"

Another silence.

"Tangina, wag mo akong gawing g*go, totoo ba or hindi?"

"Hindi ko alam," he said eventually.

"Anong di mo alam? Ano yun magic? Ngumiti ka lang, nabuntis na siya?" This time Maine was becoming hysterical.

"Let me explain."

"Four months, RJ. All you had to do was wait for four months. We're on our third month, isa nalang, makakalaya ka na sana oh," she shot back.

"Maine, ang alam ko walang nangyari sa amin. One night, while we were celebrating the end of the show, sobrang di ko na maalala nangyari. I woke up, and she was beside me..."

"Beside you, ano? Magic? Tinignan mo lang siya, nabuntis na? Nag-cheers lang kayo, nalaglag na panty niya? Nakahubad ba siya?"

RJ didn't answer, and he just put his palms on his face, and he started to cry.

"RJ, I can't help you. Clearly, you have things to sort out. I love you too much, and if that is your child, I wouldn't want to get in the way."

"Maine, please naman oh. Don't leave me like this. I need you now."

"RJ..." she palmed his cheek. "I'm letting you go. Do it for your baby. If tayo talaga in the future, I want you to do the right thing first, and then we'll see."

***

"Kiana anong sinasabi mo? Akin ba talaga yan?" RJ met up with Kiana in her van.

"Den, I know this isn't what you want. Pero nangyari na ang nangyari," Kiana answered.

"Bakit pa, Kiana. Anong nangyari sa atin?"

"Di mo ba alam? Sabi mo pa nga you loved me diba?"

"I love Maine, Kiana. I love Maine, sobra sobra."

"What about this baby ha? Sabi mo mahal mo din ako diba?"

RJ left her van and just walked to his car, and sped off. He kept driving, and he didn't know where he was going, but he just drove and drove for hours, around the city, then he ended up in a church. He entered the church, and knelt down in a pew.

Lord, paano naging ganito? Paano nawala sa akin ang pinakamahal kong babae? Di ko po alam kung kakayanin ko pa ang mga susunod na bukas na wala na si Maine. Bakit sa akin pa nangyari to? Handa na ba ako maging tatay?

He kept rambling on and on and just prayed hoping for some strength and guidance. 

***

"Pa," he entered his dad's room.

"Anak?"

As if on cue, RJ bawled his eyes and cried as if his tears were going to run out for a lifetime. His dad hugged him and consoled him.

"Anak, gawin mo lang ang tama. Bibiyayaan ka din ng Diyos pagdating ng panahon. Manalig ka." His dad said.

His father was not a self-righteous man, and has also gone through his own fair share of mistakes. If there's one thing he needs right now is to have his father on his side.