chapter twelve!

𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍, 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

*    *    *

*    *    *

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

*    *    *

( 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞 )

Scott had gone with Derek into town to search for the kamikaze. Stiles had managed to catch up after dropping Elle off. The werewolf ran down the steps outside the gay club just in time to get to Danny before he was put into the back of an ambulance on a stretcher, "Danny!"

Danny looked at Scott in bewilderment, "McCall, what are you doing here?"

Scott began to panic as he tried to come up with something actually believable. "Just, uh, seeing if you're okay. And, um, I'm wondering if anything weird happened to you today. Besides being paralyzed from the neck down."

An EMT interrupted Danny before he could answer, "Sorry, but we need to get him to the hospital."

Scott looked at him pleadingly, "One more question, just one." Then he turned to Danny again. "Are you okay?"

Danny looked at him drearily, "Did it happen to my ex too?"

Scott looked over at all the casualties on stretchers similar to Danny's and saw his ex on one, "Yeah."

Danny gave a tiny raise of the corners of his mouth, "Then I'm great." Before he was wheeled off, Scott gave a small chuckle and nodded to the EMT.

*    *    *

Scott jumped into Stiles' jeep quickly and Stiles turned to face him. "Couldn't get anything out of Danny."

Stiles sighed. "Okay, can we just get the hell outta here now, before one of my dad's deputies sees me?"

Suddenly, another car pulled up, blocking Stiles from leaving and the driver happened to be the Sheriff, "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Could this get any worse?" An unconscious Jackson then made it the right time to let out a low but loud groan. "That was rhetorical!"

Scott turned to Stiles with wide eyes, "Get rid of him!"

Stiles gaped at his best friend, "Get rid of him? We're at a crime scene, and he's the sheriff."

Scott hit Stiles' shoulder, "Do something." Stiles' arms went up in the air then he tried to awkwardly clamber out of his Jeep while acting 'natural'.

Scott watched Stiles from inside the jeep. "Hey," he heard Stiles say before his attention was taken to Jackson who had groaned a little louder.

Jackson kept his eyes closed, "What's- what's going on?"

Scott tried to shush him as best as he could. "Jackson, Jackson, be quiet."

*    *    *

Sheriff walked closer to his son once he was out of the vehicle, and gestured to the crime scene. "What're you doing here?"

Stiles began to stutter as he panicked, "What do you mean what am I doing here? What? It's a club. It's a club, we were clubbing, you know? At the club." He made a little dance movement with his forefingers crossing over in weird 'boogie' kind of way.

Sheriff looked back to the sign of the club then to his son, "Not exactly your type of club."

Stiles also looked and remembered that it was a gay club. Fuck. "Uh- well, dad- There's a conversation that we-"

Sheriff cut him off. "You're not gay."

Stiles gaped at him, "Wha- I could be." I'm not though. Not with Isabelle Nightly in the world.

Sheriff raised an eyebrow and look his son up and down, "Not dressed like that." And not with that massive crush on the blonde girl next door, he thought.

Stiles looked down at his clothes and frowned. "Well, what's-" Sheriff Stilinski was about to leave so Stiles had to quickly run in front to block his path, "-uh-"

Sheriff looked his son dead in the eye, "This is the second crime scene that you just happened to have shown up on. And at this point, I've been fed so many lies, I'm not sure I know the kid standing in front of me. Now, what the hell is going on?"

Stiles looked at him in shock and felt the familiar feeling of shame crawl it's way up his throat and sink into his stomach, "Dad, I-I-"

"The truth, Stiles."

Stiles looked torn for a split second before remembering what he had to do, "The truth, all right. Well, the truth is that we were here with Danny. Yeah, 'cause he just broke up with his boyfriend, so, you know, we were just trying to take him out and get his mind off things. That's- that's it."

Sheriff looked at him proudly, "Well, that's really good of you guys. You're good friends."

Stiles nodded with unnoticeable tears in his eyes as he had just lied to his dad once more, even if it was to keep him safe, and he trudged back to the Jeep.

*    *    *

Allison walked into her room late at night, not knowing the figure that was sat on her bed. When she turned the lamp on, she noticed Isabelle sat on the bed staring at her. She jumped and turned around, "You scared the hell outta me."

Isabelle looked at her blankly. "I've been sitting here for an hour, waiting for you." They originally made plans which she figured were cancelled after the day's events but still went anyway.

Allison sighed in annoyance, "I can't hang out right now, Elle."

Isabelle stood up. "I don't need anyone to hang out with. I need someone to talk to."

Allison placed her books down, grounding her teeth impatiently before cooling down slightly, "I-I understand that it's important, but if it can just wait-"

Isabelle was done. "Why is everyone always telling me to wait? Why can't anyone have 'right now' available?" She had been blown off and shoved to the side by everyone she thought she could turn to, making her second guess most of her friends except Lydia but the girl needed help and she couldn't support her on her own.

"Because you can't have everything right now." Allison snapped, "You know what I need? I need someone to translate five pages of archaic Latin. Obviously, that's not gonna happen anytime soon."

Isabelle clicked her tongue, "Me and Lydia know archaic Latin."

Allison looked at her in surprise. "You two know archaic Latin?"

Isabelle shrugged, "We got bored with classical Latin."

Allison screwed up her face, "Just how smart are you two?"

"Very." Elle chewed her tongue before rolling her eyes and picking up her bag. "But you're ever so busy so I guess I'll leave."

Allison gripped Elle's wrist tightly, preventing her from leaving. "Ow Allison!" Allison seemed to realise what she was doing and let go quickly.

"Isabelle I'm so sorry-"

Elle scoffed and readjusted her bag before she prepared to leave. "Send the pages to Lydia. Maybe you won't be too busy to hang out with her then."