The Whole Play

At the Chamber of Treasure, jewels are everywhere, golden stuff is glittering in the whole area; chests are opened and it is full of gold and shining stones.

Two treasurers are waiting and standby nearby.

Enter King Croesus angrily, along with Abosime, and Lydian soldiers. Gyles is dragged by the Lydian soldiers.

The chamber of treasures is darkened, and the purpose of the hidden treasure will not be exposed from the light, and only the king is allowed to lighten up the whole place.

GYLES OF LYDIA:
[Frighteningly.] What place is this? Is this a dungeon? Why did you drag me here?

CROESUS:
Hush. No. It is not. It is my favorite place in Lydia!

GYLES OF LYDIA:
My king, Why did you bring me here?
I knew it now. I sensed it. We are at your worthless chamber of riches of the world.
I was having a nap and you interrupted me. You disturbance! 

CROESUS:
I just sent here all your magical artifacts from my elegant chamber.

GYLES OF LYDIA:
My king, How could you do this to me? I am not doing any wolfish crimes on you!

CROESUS:
Let me tell you about my anger! Sorcerer! You falsifier! You are such a big liar!

[ Gyles of Lydia whips by soldiers, as he screams violently. ] 

GYLES OF LYDIA:
Pardon me, for I have done nothing! I don't have any idea what offense I made. I am your most loyal subject.

CROESUS:
Treason. You lied to me!

GYLES OF LYDIA:
What lie? Your fate?
Reckoning time is betwixt the truth and lie.

CROESUS:
What an exemplary excuse of the famous sorcerer!
I am now curious. Abosime, How far do you know this man?

ABOSIME:
Your majesty, Gossip told he was a shepherd in his early life and he lived in Sardis.
Like his name, Gyles of Lydia is absolutely correct and he belongs to the Tantalid ancestry.

CROESUS:

What brief facts about him. Never mind. You fool! Do you mind if you shift back to your old profession?
After giving me an inaccurate vision!

GYLES OF LYDIA:

You're the one who consulted me. I must speak. And you must listen to my thoughts. Croesus, king of Lydia. That's exactly what my vision is!
Let me say it directly. You will not win against the Persian forces.
Cyrus the Great will sent a bull on your way!

CROESUS:

Traitor! How slanderous! Are you really serious about what you are saying? Are you spying on Cyrus's behalf?
Are you doing this to discourage me? I will tell you, now. I will not lose confidence in these nonsense lies.